Masters Running

Wed January 2nd Daily (Read 309 times)

Spareribs "Kiosk Mode,"  that is something I never heard before.  But recently that seems to be true of a lot of computer software related issues.  I lost a month of work because I never heard of "autovivification" and believe me nobody wants to have heard of it!

breger1 why are the trees on the (presumably public) jogging trail behind your house your responsibility to keep trimmed.  Nice of you to do it in any case but why would the city be after you about it?

Holly S. wow how can you be such a slacker!  Only "just" broke the 2k mark by more miles than most people run in a year!

Ran yesterday so today was just gym work.  On the good news side the ankle feels pretty good today.  I just have to hope that stays true.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

I called Hally, who as many of you know, works at a help desk troubleshooting problems for idiots like me.

I had fixed the original problem thanks to Dave, but I did something else that put the entire site page in front of me so I had no toolbars or menus.   Hally told me I was in "Kiosk Mode" and to just press F11, which fixed the problem.  So thank you Dave and others who came right to my help.  All set now.  Spareribs

Hey that F11 is pretty cool.  Never saw that before.  If I worked in the office and not from home I would go around and secretly hit F11 on other people's computers when they weren't looking and see if they know how to fix it.

breger1 why are the trees on the (presumably public) jogging trail behind your house your responsibility to keep trimmed.  Nice of you to do it in any case but why would the city be after you about it?

There are regulations that say Trees on private property must not extend within 3 feet of the (public) jogging trail.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

You all make me feel like a sloth!  (Okay, I am a sloth today).  It feels like Monday, but thankfully it's Wednesday!  I had plans to go out and do bike/strength training, then The Hub said, "Why don't wait 'til after your doctor appointment tomorrow?"  Since the deck was frosted over (not good to maneuver on crutches) and I knew I was going to be able to see my breath in the shed, well, let's just say it didn't take anymore prompting from him to crawl back into the warm covers after feeding the troops.  Now, however, with the stress I'm feeling at work today, I wish I had gotten in my workout.

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, I'm asking for prayer on behalf of my brother and his wife (health and marriage issues) and my workplace.  Things are going to be tense on both fronts for awhile, I fear.

Okay - Gotta get back at it.  Enjoy the short week ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, I'm asking for prayer on behalf of my brother and his wife (health and marriage issues) and my workplace.  Things are going to be tense on both fronts for awhile, I fear.

The power of prayer can work miracles and I'm adding your brother, his wife and your work folks to mine. If I could also ask everyone to pray for a dear friend who has terminal brain cancer.  We're planning a trip to see her at the end of January but I'm not sure she will make it Sad

4 miles on the track at the Y this morning with all of the new year's resolution people. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow so I can run outside - and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

Nice 5 mile progressive run even with my chest cold, plus my plank!

8:59 - 8:54 - 8:16 - 7:40 - 6:53 (40:42 - 8:09 Avg)

Going to bed now, feel like crap. Joking

{{{Maine}}}

JLynne - Will definitely keep your friend in my prayers, as well.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Wednesday everybody.

Today I went with the hubby cross country skiing AND I DID NOT FALL. This IS a big deal. We circled Bertha. I decided to never attempt downhill skiing as I am terrified of falling as it is on the cross country skis. If I could figure out how to stand up once fallen it wouldn't be so bad but with hubby laughing at me it isn't very easy. I am going to attempt it again on the weekend.

Tonight I treadmilled 5.2 miles.

It has been a good day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Will definitely do.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

janie b good

my L calf is sore for some reason?? ... so rested today..  i did do my 60 sec plank.  and 6 loads of laundry.  i'm supposed to take the christmas tree down, but i'm afraid of it.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

pfriese

40 minutes on the bike after work for 11.5 miles.

Paul

Finally got out to run at about 4 pm---thought of doing 10 miles, but froze a$$ off with real feel windchill of 2 degrees so ended up with 7 miles. Hudson needs boots for these really cold days, so no fuzzy running partner this time.  Then I froze off other parts watching the kiddo's hockey game tonight (they won and he got lots of playing time so all worth it).

Did my planking too.

Hit the road tomorrow. for work....time for ZZZZZZZZs!

i'm supposed to take the christmas tree down, but i'm afraid of it.

Big grin

As most of the folks here know, my DH is a recovering alcoholic, so I'm not telling tales out of school, sort of.  Anyhoo - A few years ago, the night we're suppose to start decorating the tree, he really ties one on.  Wait - to start, whenever we put the lights on the tree, I hold the string and walk slowly in front of him as he places them where he wants them.  And I keep my mouth shut the whole time.

Well, this one special year, he decided he wanted to wrap the lights around the tree trunk, as well as string them through the branches.  Guess who always gets the job of dismantling the tree?  Me.  A 10+ foot tree, lights wrapped around the trunk from top to bottom.  You get the picture.  When the time came to take the lights off, I wanted to kill him.  He came home from work on a break, I gave him the look of death (Angry), and he promptly turned around and left.  With $50+ worth of lights on the tree, I wasn't going to just throw out the whole mess.  It took me 2+ hours to get all the lights off, and that's after spending 4+ hours taking off all the ornaments (taking off, not wrapping and putting away. That's another full day.).

He's less than two years sober (and doing great, BTW), but we haven't had a tree the last two Christmases, so maybe things will be easier from here on out.  We'll see!  Big grin

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Today I went with the hubby cross country skiing AND I DID NOT FALL.

Big grin  I do understand, though...

Yesterday we moved our whole office to the building next door.  Some guys with a truck were hired to move the heavy equipment, but each of us was expected to pack up our office and files and computer equipment and set up in our new space.  It was of course a much bigger job than you would at first think (who knew just how many files I had stashed in my cabinets and desk?).  Even moving just one building down is still moving - a major pita. The new space looks lovely, though, and I think will work well, once we are settled there.

5 miles and a plank for me on Wednesday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."