Masters Running

Donna Update (Read 339 times)

TomD

Donna has had a lot of bad days in a row, but the last few days she seems to be better. She still sleeps a lot, but she is able to walk around more and not fall at all. She tells me that I am the reason she is short of breath. She says when she looks at me it takes her breath away, but I know it is the missing lung. A few days ago we had a pipe break, while I was at work and Donna was taking her daily radiation and whatever else they were doing that day. We have had a lot of the carpet taken out and the fans have been going for the pass couple of days. Donna says it smells bad, but I can not smell it. For as long as I can remember all my senses are not what others are, except the sense of touch. All the carpet down stairs will be replaced as wel as all, but one room up stairs. Of course we had insurance. They offered to put us up in a motel until Monday, when everything is to be dried out. We will not leave without boarding for our 7 cats, which the insurance company is considering. She will start getting her Chemo again on Friday. Well, I am going to turn in early tonight. I hope not to be as sore tomorrow. Thank you so very much for your thoughts, prayers, and miles. I read your messages and thoughts to Donna. She is unable to deal with the computer right now, but as I read to her I see her smile with an occasional tear. TomD and DonnaD
      You two are the best. Donna is a real trooper, and I'm sure you DO take her breath away, at least, that is what I understand from the times I've talked with her, so there! I am so sympathetic. Just after Daniel got out of the hospital after open heart surgery, I was getting him ready for a doc's appointment when we had a basement flood (the neighbor's tree's roots grow into the sewer pipe and I try to remind them to flush salts every month, but y'know....) yecch and all that. And Spencer and Kate think you're a prince for being so caring about your cats. They send they best purrs to Donna. I know, it just seems sometimes that your cup runneth over with hardship. Here's a little bit from Philippians 4:6-7 that might help: In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. Thinking of you both, Amy
      Masters 2000 miles
      nowor

Tom and Donna, Truly you are experiencing "it never rains but it pours" which is NOT what you need! Good for both of you for handling this calmly and for having insurance. Glad Donna is having better days. Thanks for reminding us what a gift each day is. Sue
        evanflein

Continued best wishes and prayers for a good recovery for Donna... and no more house whammies! You sure didn't need that. Tom, you and Donna are weathering this stuff with love and determination for better days ahead. {{Donna, Tom and the kitties}}
          SteveP

((((Donna&Tom))))) Thank yu for the update. Your family is in our prayers.

SteveP

I'm sure glad to hear Donna has been better the last few days. I hope it continues. Take care Donna and Tom. TomS
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll keep praying for you guys, specifically that the chemo goes well and the insurance company is accommodating. {{{ }}}
                  I think of you both daily and am hopeful for continued improvement. Sorry about the pipe problem - you certainly didn't need that, hopefully all will be resolved quickly. Just continue to be there for each other. Your love will sustain you. Peace. Skip
                    She tells me that I am the reason she is short of breath. She says when she looks at me it takes her breath away,
                    I'm speechless. Smile About the pipes.....I'm not speechless. That is not a fun thing to have to deal with. Hope you're able to get other temporary housing for you, Donna and the cats.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

{{{{{{{{{{Hugs & Prayers!}}}}}}}}}}
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, hugs to you and Donna, and continued good wishes for better days ahead. I think the huge snowstorm we're getting in Colorado today is probably headed your way tomorrow, so I hope that doesn't add to your woes.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

She says when she looks at me it takes her breath away,
                          You two share such a special love.... I hope the days ahead get easier for you both. {{{hugs}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Your relationship is so special and a reminder to all of us about our own loved ones. My best to both of you.

Be safe. Be kind.

arf

MM #405

Your love will sustain you.
                              I also wanted to send my love and hugs.. Corrine

Head Procrastinator

Keeping you both in my good thoughts. Hugs Barb
                                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats