Masters Running

Happy FRIDAY 3/27 Runs and Rests (Read 427 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

4 slow miles for me today, a few more planned for tomorrow at Green Lake.... Going out after work to get a new rain jacket.....the weather forecast for Sat is really awful....let's hope it doesn't get any worse overnight!! A nice evening to all, Francesca

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

0 miles for me today, . . . and yesterday, . . . in fact still taperin' since the snow/sleet/hail/rain/etc. in the St. Pat's Dash on 3/15 for tomorrow's Dizzy Daze around and around Green Lake.
      And of course, the weather has been wonderful for a couple days but will be pacific northwest March terrible tomorrow.
      Going out after work to get a new rain jacket.....the weather forecast for Sat is really awful....let's hope it doesn't get any worse overnight!!
      francesca/SLR - nice 4 mile and 14.7 mile taperin' my Dizzy Daze 100K and 50K friends. Not that I don't like runnin' in the rain or anything like that but some other of life's swirlies are providing a perfect excuse to cut me back to the shorter eight-lap marathon distance being offered for the first time this year. Woods Lady - not that dear sweet econo hasn't already told you all the details or anything like that but I'm lookin' forward to gettin' together with you as soon as you get up this way next time just in case you haven't heard everything such as about her photo postin' one of the first running skirts in the PNW (check also with rosecolored glasses' own photo evidence on this too), her takin' divechief and me here and there to different places after her PR Christmas Marathon in '05 (to say nothing of start/finish attire in the same), trapezing with Tamara at the Pink Door, what happened to her red spike heels under the table in Portland, somehow bein' enticed to dark horse's room at the 07 SM and takin' him who knows where (haven't seen him since either), bein' banned from family triathlons, to say nothing of me owin' her forever for saving me at the inaugural Eugene, etc. etc. ps - At my current chronology, if ever, I can't keep up to dear econo no way but look forward to bein' able to share some DGL's* with you if possible sometime in our respective sex categories. . * - dead glorious last (everyone else calls them something else but someday they won't)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Karin - sorry to hear about the broken tooth...nice recovery though...it reminds me that I have a crown scheduled to be done next month...final steps. Bill - hope the road rash isn't too bad. I ended up missing my scheduled run yesterday as I had to spend the best part of the day in Augusta at a Legislative workshop...very long and boring to say the least. Roll eyes When I headed out today I was planning on about 8 miles and after a couple of warm up miles I decided to see how my kind of tired legs would respond to a request for a haklf dozen or so 7:30ish miles. I also decided to run up and down some side streets that would incorporate some pretty good hills. I got into such a nice feeling run that I actually lost track of the miles and had hit mile 6 which I had decided would be the halfway point of today's run. I still felt pretty good so I figured I would bang out a nice long 12 today. Actually this will be good since I have the Eastern States 20 miler on Sunday. This is not an A race for me, I want to use it as a practice run for Boston and see what I can do on tired legs again. Friday - 12.01 miles - 1:33:03 - 7:45 - Avg HR 140 Max HR 150 - Sunny & 52° and a light breeze. 8:22 - 8:07 - 8:02 - 7:44 - 7:39 - 7:30 - 7:32 - 7:26 - 7:32 - 7:26 - 7:32 - 7:31 - 7:41 - 7:46 - :06 Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

Renee the dog

There's that nono love. You lose. I ran. Wahoo for the coconuts.
          Whew! That was close! I was hoping I bet the right way to get you out there! Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

yipes, Tetsujin! It's a pity that what you wrote isn't true....I was hoping nobody brought up my issue with small children at triathlons -- that part is admittedly true. Will you be in Eugene for the marathon this year, at least? I promise not to lose you this time. Sad
            evanflein

That Tetsujin, always sinking ships... 30 minutes of pool running while my boys were at soccer practice.
                Tetsugin. Nice to hear from you, and hope we meat in Eugene. I will probably come in DGL in the 5K the day before the Marathon.I love the DGL expression. Wink Am nursing a slowly healing back, but am going to walk even if I can't run. About that skirt thingy. She wore it in 36degree weather at the Winter Predictor in Eugene on Jan. 6. It was a 6K race. Itty bitty thing. Boy, were her legs red from the cold before the race, but by the time I got in, the long cozy pants had appeared. Btw. are there many races with shorter distances in Tacoma? Woods lady
                  Hey, Econo. I found you! Big grin You see how dumb I am on the forum workings. Confused I just read this today, the 30th. Just found it, in spite of hanging around runningahead part of every day. Maybe all the Mamas will join up and take to the road in order to get in on all the fun. Thank you all for so many nice welcomes!!! I am so impressed, and now can bug you asking silly questions. What a nice bunch of people. biketm - you really lost 100 lbs? Congratulations. Did you start to run (walk?) first, or to lose weight? My DD1 is just starting to run, after walking with Econo and me in several 5K's. She is so excited to be getting "off her feet and on her way"! Say, what is GGTK? See, I'm really not with it. Embarrassed Aamos from S. Dakota, I know how you know my daughter, but how do you know my Grandson? Hopeful4ever. I like your name. I have just started the C25K, and see that you have done it. I have been doing 5Ks for a few months, but just recently have added running (well, a slow jog), and go out for about an hour each time when I head out the door, but have just now incorporated the C25K program. My goal is to actually RUN the 5K. Any tips? nonoruns, I'm glad you like my screen name. I thought of several, but Econo liked Woods Lady, and I live in the woods, and train in the woods most of the time. I am also AKA MaEcono. Again, thanks, everyone, for giving me a wonderful welcome. PS Econo doesn't take to me telling her what to do, so I have to toe the line too. Smile Woods Lady