Masters Running

April 1st runs and shenanigans (Read 462 times)

Wednesday - 9.02 Miles - 1:12:08 - 8:00 - Avg HR 136 Max HR 146 - Cloudy & 36°
      Tim, if you're out there....what happened. It's killing me!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        I'm still smiling over the annual NPR April Fool story--each year, they broadcast a seemingly real story that is just.....not. I checked the website and see it will be available for you to listen to in less than an hour (7 pm Eastern). So, if you've a moment, here it is: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102618951 I'm sure any PETA folks who lack senses of humor are planning G-20 like revolts! As for me, I've no moments, as we lost another day and a half this week to a blizzard Dead and so all is backed up wildly and I have a trial on Friday. Just wanted to stop by and see how y'all are doing. Unreal, tet. Twocat, hoping they find something and that it is quickly fixable. I'm with every single one of you who is waving the welcome flag to spring! (We're supposed to get another storm Saturday, yecch!) grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
          I haven't been home long after leaving following monday's run. I hope I caught most of what went on. Lame, good job on the 20 mile race in nasty conditions. wild, I'm glad to hear your dad's surgery went well. craneium, that's neat that you've again got a group of kids and teachers training for a 5K. dg, it must be great to see your brothers exercising. srlopez, any news on the lady who was lost? perch, that atrial fibrilation episode must have been scary. Tall, it's great to hear from you. Holly, I like the excitement you have about getting back to coaching soccer and especially getting to run with your daughter. Nice long runs for PBJ, Tall, bike, breger, PBJ, and Peter. Good job on the speedwork srlopez. While gone, I got in two 5 mile runs, one included a trip through the cemetery where several family members are buried and one to the park to catch a glimpse of Lake Michigan. In one, my pace was just over 10 minutes and the other just under 10 minutes. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
          dg.

Hi all! Karin, I thought about what a good collection of workouts that was yesterday too. I'll save it for a little later. Good idea Ribs. Sue, thanks for the hug. Carolyn, that's great news about your dad. I'm so glad. Perch, how's your leg? SRL I'm glad Tobias is back to his old self. Don't suppose he understands the concept of caution, does he. Twocat I hope your MRI is soon & that it shows something definitive so you can get past all this!!! Doug, nice run. I'll post mine late too. I tried to do something a little more targeted than usual, don't know if it was a good plan, but it was an attempt. Total was 4.58 miles. I didn't have race paces to use, & also wasn't up to the whole thing; I'm just starting to add a few attempts at getting faster as my hamstring keeps healing. Anyway. (why this need to qualify, & so lengthily...sorry!) 1 mile at the usual slow, 10:25, 1 at 9:10, a slower 200 meters, 1K at 8:50, another slow lap, 600 meters at 8:40, which I meant to repeat, but just ended up finishing that mile at about 9:30. Then 200 meters at 8, & another at a little below. fwiw. I'm puzzled a little at why these paces seemed a little challenging, they're not unusual. Maybe I usually vary more, or needed a longer warmup. Finished with 16 min. on the elliptical & upper body weight machines. Slo_hand, thanks for the additional hr ideas yesterday. I left my hr strap & monitor by the bed last night & meant to use them this am, but forgot. Next time I'll wear the watch. I did try to see how my HR dropped today... after I'd really pushed, it did not drop enough w/the slow jog. Maybe I wasn't slow enough. After another push, I walked, & it slowed 30 beats in 65 seconds. Do you know if that's comparable? Sorry for all the stinky weather you're having!!! Aamos you win something, not sure what it is. You can have whatever you want. I've barely touched today's thread but I'd better shut up or I'll shut down the server.
              nope not fibbin Sue Wink ok well maybe a little (like the 20th anniversary of my 29th b-day!!Big grin so many great runs out there today!! i was in a bit of a return to reality funk...........exchanged my adrenaline 8's for the narrow instead of the medium - hope that helps with my heel pain.......just didn't have any spunk to go try them out today -- tomorrow for sure!!

denise

8 miles in very windy conditions 1:15:00 ish I continue to take it easy without giving up miles in an attempt to let my hamstring heal. I probably will continue this through the weekend as I have an 18 miler scheduled and then next week as a back week so maybe I can get back to some MP stuff at least.I might wait another week to put my hill and tempo workouts back in. I just finished Bart Yasso's book MY Life on the Run. He sure has run in some interesting places. A very funny and interesting man. There is a section at the end on his training plans but mostly its just a fun read. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

10.6 miles tonight, a progressive pace run on the treadmill. Too icy and windy out to run outside. First two miles @ 8:49, then 3 @ 8:34, 5 @ 8:20, last .6 @ 8:13 It was really important to me to finish this run, and it went pretty well.

Marathon Maniac #3309

10.6 miles tonight, a progressive pace run on the treadmill. Too icy and windy out to run outside. First two miles @ 8:49, then 3 @ 8:34, 5 @ 8:20, last .6 @ 8:13 It was really important to me to finish this run, and it went pretty well.
                    Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!