Masters Running

12.30.15 The Last Day (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We had sleet, sleet, and more sleet yesterday, and the temp. never got above freezing. My driveway and walks were iced by the time I got home, so there was no chance of clearing them. I was going to try with the snowblower anyway, but I couldn't get it started (grrr....). So now I'm hoping for some good melting when the temps get to 40 tomorrow and Friday. The roads are still icy too, so I did some good stretching and (rubber) band work this morning instead of slip-sliding away on the roads.

The good news is that last night, DW put the final corks on the wall we've been working on for a while. We like the way it looks.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Well Jay - your thread looks nicer than mine, so I will go back and delete my opener.

BUT, I should tell you that this is not the last day....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maybe Jay knows something we don't . . . or maybe he's giving us a message of some sort.  Either way - love the way the wall turned out!

Starr - I'm glad your daughter finally opened up to you guys and is letting you help her.  My prayers to you all.

Board Games - If you ever have a chance to play Balderdash, do it!  It's best when you have 5-6 people, and I'm tellin' ya, you'll end up laughing your butt off.

Congrats on the PR mileage, Erika ~~

Left work early yesterday and got in my 6 easy miles at the McKay.  I focused on keeping it e-a-s-y, which is hard for me to do, and whatdoyaknow - it was a great run!  Imagine that . . . 

This a.m. it was 40 min of stat biking - started easy then got progressively harder until the last 2-3 min were hard.

Followed up with 40+ min of core/ST, which included the start of Foundation training. A few people I know swear by it, especially my buddy, Karen, who started doing the exercises after recovering from a bulging disc issue - so we'll see!

Have a great day ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy soon to be New Years all! But not quite as soon as some people think! I am working from home, going blind staring at computer screens. I think there is a bug in a calculation I am doing and for the life of me I cannot find the bloody thing! Of course, there is the possibility that there is no bug and the calculation is right.  As to running, I probably have another two weeks off. Like it or not and I like it not. My Achilles is letting me know in no uncertain terms it is not happy with my last attempt on the roads. Good thing the elliptical machine does not work the Achilles or I would really be toast.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

henrun, good job hitting 800 miles for the year.  starr, best of luck to your daughter, and you, for things improving.  evan, congrats on the yearly mileage PR.  Jay, that's an impressive cork wall.  Are they wine bottle corks?

Nice long runs for Mike (with speedwork) and evan.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and there was a light breeze.  I got in 4 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

spacityrunner

On this last day before the last day I headed out my front door and managed 3.3 hilly miles in IRC...38f no wind...overcast...but she was a slow run.  45 min ....

Yesterday I did a less hilly run in a little faster time on a prettier route.  My runs are done for 2015.

November I had 68.3 miles...December I had 68.3 miles.  No, I didn't plan it that way 

Trails Rock!

Reposting TomW's post that he posted in the now-defunct thread . . .

....erika//.........it's the Drug Cards doing the audits.......sorta like OrganizedCrime,

but much better Organized,

I've kicked

their butts

on audits for 30-years,

(which is why I don't get very many of them)

so ''probably'' will kick their butts one last time (not to jinx myself)

=============

........60-min HH walk with trekking poles,

off to Ft Campbell in a bit for the rest of the week

................good running guys.....................have a Safe New Years

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Well, it’s the last day over here so I’ll wish everyone a Happy New Year right now, especially to starr’s thousand miles plans and her DD’s drama.  I’ve never run a thousand miles and never will but might be a drama-filled year for me too if the end-of-the-year rumblings continue into the new year. It’s already somewhat frustrating that we’re too far from the sources of both do to too much as you canl.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

moebo

Posting twice because I didn't know which thread to choose...

Jay, cool wall! You'll have to tell us more about how you did it (or did I miss something?).

Leslie, I looked at the intro video to Foundation Training, looks interesting (and I'm not gonna lie, that guy is pretty easy on the eyes...). You'll have to let us know if you feel like it is helping you.

Twocat, good that the elliptical doesn't hurt your Achilles. Lately I have found the elliptical makes my calves feel so tight that I stop after 10 or 20 minutes because I am afraid to injure something, which kind of defeats my purpose...

About 4 TM miles for me, went well except for the part where I caught my arm in my headphones and flung my iphone across the room. Thank goodness for phone cases.

Sayhey! MM#130

.......Image result for afraid creeping figure...........afraid, very afraid to post here, as it is not the last day.......unless I can be under tet's umbrella......and maybe we should invite Rihanna along too, as she has a good 'ella............[it's in my genes.  Italians are superstitious.]

So 6 at the bridge last night, just 2 RTs and a little jog up a bit then back down, then 7+ this am in some lovely light fog.

And to the bridge tomorrow am, I believe, having been invited by some running chums, and I can't say no to them/that!

Nice job, Jay and Mrs. Jay.

Poor twocat, you need a break,  really really soon.....and nice running Erika!

Hey to you all, break is over, see you tomorrow!

Image result for umbrella rihanna

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Leslie, I looked at the intro video to Foundation Training, looks interesting (and I'm not gonna lie, that guy is pretty easy on the eyes...). 

Say what?  I hadn't noticed . . . . 

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Jay, can you post a closeup of that wall? I'd really like to see how you guys did that. Looks very cool. And smart to avoid the ice.

tomwhite, those card programs are such a nuisance. Maybe they benefit some people but I get so many employees asking if 1) they're a scam, and 2) how can they use them. I have to tell them that with a $10 copay, they aren't going to get much benefit from them but hey, knock yourself out.

New Year's in Japan. Now that's something I don't think I'll ever do. Have fun, Tet. After those meetings, you deserve it.

Took our new kitty to the vet today. Not sure if I told you guys about her or not? She'd been hanging around the house off and on, and when it got cold and snowy in October, we started to get worried about her. So DH got a live trap from the local shelter and we trapped her! Had her mug posted at the shelter for over a month, on Craigslist as a found pet, on the shelter's web site as a found cat.... nothing. So, now almost two months later, we made it official by taking her to the vet for a checkup, shots and dewormer (just to be safe). Also confirmed a spay scar so don't need to do that again. We're calling her Emma, after Emma Stone and DH has nicknamed her Skeeter. Abby is very dismayed that she hasn't left yet.

Ran 8.3 miles after the vet visit while Emma cowered behind a bookcase at DH's office. Brings me to 27.9 for the week, and 2,480.9 for the year. Am I going to run 19.1 tomorrow to round it to 2,500? No.

Took our new kitty to the vet today. Not sure if I told you guys about her or not? She'd been hanging around the house off and on, and when it got cold and snowy in October, we started to get worried about her. So DH got a live trap from the local shelter and we trapped her! Had her mug posted at the shelter for over a month, on Craigslist as a found pet, on the shelter's web site as a found cat.... nothing. So, now almost two months later, we made it official by taking her to the vet for a checkup, shots and dewormer (just to be safe). Also confirmed a spay scar so don't need to do that again. We're calling her Emma, after Emma Stone and DH has nicknamed her Skeeter. Abby is very dismayed that she hasn't left yet.

Good for your guys!  I love rescue stories.      Poor Abby.  Sounds like how Goofy feels about Mr. Mr. . . . and it's been 4 years . . .

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance