Masters Running

Thursday - May 29th Daily (Read 466 times)

Yay Jesse! Congrats. For reasons that shall not be listed, Frank is not anywhere in the running for Canine Good ANYTHING at the moment. Glad to hear Jesse is a star. Holly--it's muscle mass. Weighs more than fat. Tall, do not try and commiserate with vertically challenged wimmins about weight. You know not. (A for effort, you're very sweet. Just not a road to go down, keep in mind for future relationships.) Rose, I'm so impressed--I hate track workouts, but then, maybe it's cuz I have to do them alone. I think I should just move east and be done with it. grrrrr................Red Sox......................grrrrrrrr......................losing 1-0 is very, very hard for a girl. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrins, just barely, A Oh, almost forgot--7 miles, 6.2 in 52:45 (less than my age!) on the treadmill on account of we're having---yup, you got it, severe weather.
    Masters 2000 miles

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lots going on in RA, it's hard (impossible) for me to keep up but I got the jist. I bought my first issue of "Running Times" at the airport yesterday. I've been missing a good magazine. So many interesting articles like magical good bacteriaFound in yougurts) that can prevent that upset stomach, flu like condition that I've gotten days following my last two marathons. Lots of good articles on training with in depth discussions. I ask, where have I been? Running continues to be a pure delight (I'm cherishing the gift of no injuries in 11 months). Beautiful run in Concord MA this morning, so historical! Ran from Concord to Bedford for 6.7 mi round trip in wonderful 40F temperature. Packing for this overnight trip I decided to throw in long sleeve tee and gloves at the last minute and I needed them! 6.7 mi in 59:31 (8:53 pace no AHR because the Garmin bit the dust for good yesterday Sad ) It was nice just running by time and feel and then looking up how far ran (mapmyrun).

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

hello again, i'm back from a happy-sad trip to new york city to see my parents and brother; my mom is not doing well, but at least she knew who we were, most of the time. we tried to balance the "visit" time with outings with my brother. each time we returned, mom was surprised to see us, either happy about the "surprise" visit, or annoyed that no one had given her any warning that we were coming. one day DH and i took the train to the city (that's manhatten), went to the metropolitan museum of art, and then wandered in central park until it was time to meet my brother for dinner. we all went back to queens together, and the next day the outings were walks in bird sanctuaries in howard beach and in the meadowlands (NJ), where we celebrated my nephew's birthday. back to queens again, and on sunday morning i finally got out for a run. 6 miles, past my high school, richmond hill, which i used to think was *so* far away, much too far to walk - and it was barely a mile - which is barely a warmup for my run, and on up to kew gardens to run in forest park. i even ran on a track for the first time ever, what a nice bouncy surface! and it's fascinating to see what's happened in the old neighborhood, which is now one of the largest sikh communities in the country (the parents still live in the house where i was born). anyway, back to washington and home again on monday, 4 miles on the road on tuesday, and another 4 today. nothing special, other than the fact that there is a HUGE difference in running here in winthrop, compared with back in ny. hard to believe that's where my roots are; much happier here. nancy, i'll try to call later - just got the message after we got home. good runs to all, susan
          Lots going on in RA, it's hard (impossible) for me to keep up but I got the jist. Running continues to be a pure delight (I'm cherishing the gift of no injuries in 11 months). Beautiful run in Concord MA this morning, so historical! Ran from Concord to Bedford for 6.7 mi round trip in wonderful 40F temperature. Packing for this overnight trip I decided to throw in long sleeve tee and gloves at the last minute and I needed them!
          Steve! If you're still in COncord, you're less than 10 miles from my high school ice cream stomping grounds! You'd love it--it attracts kids after games, high school couples, families, and they have doggie ice cream--was for FREE when I lived there--they'd scrape up the ice cream from the bottom of the containers and save it for dogs. The creamery where they make is right there--Erikson's,12 Great Road in Maynard. If you like mint, try the Wintergreen chip. Just go out Rte. 62--here are directions from mapquest: : Concord, MA 1: Start out going WEST on MAIN ST/MA-2A/MA-62 toward MA-2A E/MA-62 E. Continue to follow MAIN ST/MA-62.2.3 mi2: Turn LEFT onto MAIN ST/MA-62. Continue to follow MA-62.3.5 mi3: Turn RIGHT onto WALTHAM ST/MA-27/MA-62. Continue to follow MA-62.0.2 mi4: Turn LEFT onto NASON ST/MA-62 W.0.1 mi5: Turn RIGHT onto MAIN ST/MA-62. Continue to follow MA-62.1.1 mi6: End at 12 Great Rd Maynard, MA 01754-2017 Estimated Time: 20 minutesEstimated Distance: 7.25 miles B: 12 Great Rd, Maynard, MA 01754-2017
          Masters 2000 miles
          wildchild

Carolyn

I just got in from a sproinkless 11 miles at a slug-like pace. When I started the run I didn't feel 100% so I didn't have a target distance, but I started feeling better after 5 miles so I added another loop. But at the end I ran out of gas, and walked quite a bit of the hills on the way home. Oh, well, tomorrow's run will hopefully be great, because I usually have great runs following carpy runs. Holly, step AWAY from the scale. It's evil. With all the running and cross training you do, I really don't see why you worry about your weight. (Disclaimer: I'm one of those annoying naturally thin people who don't have to worry about my weight.) And Aamos, I loved your advice to Tallrunner, not to jump into this weight loss discussion. Yes

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I bought my first issue of "Running Times" at the airport yesterday. I've been missing a good magazine. So many interesting articles like magical good bacteriaFound in yougurts) that can prevent that upset stomach, flu like condition that I've gotten days following my last two marathons. Wow - thanks for the info Perch! I always thought I had some type of "bug" because of a compromised immune system after doing long runs/races. I've had my current bout of stomach issues since I ran a race last Sunday. What causes this, and does anyone else ever experience these type of symptoms after doing long runs or races? Does yogurt really help? I'm curious to know if other Boomers have problems like these... Jeanne
                Got the dress bought, the tank filled and the car washed. Just waiting for the r.s. to get home so we can pedal for a while. He is late, darn that highway. Karin, I forgot to tell you. This is one you should consider: http://www.richmondmarathon.com/ We are friendly here. Aamos, Yeah and The Tribe is losing to the other Sox, Cousin Mark pitches for the Other Sox but is 1 for 7... Dtoce says not to worry until after the Fourth of July. And... you'd be most welcome at the W&M track at 0530. Lisa would love to have some other than Ralph, Spencer, and Bruce to run with! Check out the area.... you know you want to be closer to the water....And. There are a TON of Red Sox fans here...
                LaVita

King of PhotoShop

I will go back over the daily later tonight but just wanted to post my non-running big event today: Up at 4, on the road at 4:30, got to the roadhouse to get fishing license at 6 and a snack, then into the boat and on Lake Texoma by 6:30. Riblet caught a fish, then he caught another fish, then he caught another fish.... I was beginning to think my line was baited with fish repellant! By 11 a.m. we had our limit of 30 striped bass and fished for another hour releasing what we caught. Riblet caught the most fish, and the biggest. Prime rib caught one catfish, but otherwise it was all stripers. The guide filleted them for us of course, so now I have a freezer load of fish. I took a nap when we got home, no running needless to say. Striped bass for dinner tonight (sekritly wishing it were Erika's halibut instead). Back to the running game tomorrow. Thanks all. Spareribs
                    Tried for 7 miles with some speedwork tonight, but the still-infected sinuses and pollen-laden lungs were having none of it. I did manage one fairly sproinky mile, but it was preceded and followed by complete sproinklessness. 4 miles in all, lots of walking, but I exceeded my (rather ambitious) monthly mileage goal on Tuesday, so life is good. If I manage to get the allergies under control, I think I'll do well in next Friday evening's 5K. The race itself is basically an excuse to drink beer and listen to music afterward - a PR would make it even sweeter, and give me a good base on which to plan summer training for the Sept. HM. (Yikes, I can't believe I keep talking about running a half marathon?!?!) See what you've done to me! Shocked Happy almost-the-weekend, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Manchild

Good evening Boomers/Masters. Out for 4.72 miles, first run since VCM on the 25th... Ribs, we're only allowed one striper no less than 28" per day up here! Chris
                        Yesterday I did 6 easy miles around 10:?? pace. Hot and humid.
                        Hot dog, Tall, you could make a pin-up poster out of that photo! If we ever put together a Boomer Gods calendar, you can have your pick of the months... Big grin Big grin
                        While I was running, I noticed the long shadow I was casting. For a moment I imagined I was Tallrunner. Big grin
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Eliz, Where is this Friday night race of which you speak? I LOVE beer. And music. Big grin Just got back from 5 mi with the babysitter in 48:07. At 3.5 mi, she finally kicked in and kicked my flabby arse! Couldn't catch her. Renee was POed at me. VERY FUN run! Now, the GAME IS ON!!! I think we'll have a fun summer running together. Gosh, does the competitor ever die in oneself?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Top 'O the World!

Good Evening everyone! Smile Getting to dodge severe weather here today....traded it in for 80's & clear, mildly breezy....solidifying resolve to run early am -which I did 1/2 verrrry slowly @ 6:30am (slept in - I'm such a slacker!) then, cause I got a late start, only got 3.4 before I had to go to work for a bit, 2nd 3 this eve was even slower! Roll eyes on leaden legs.....hmmm 'Nite! Smile
                            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group