Masters Running

Thu Sep 18 Runs and Workouts (Read 512 times)

Renee the dog

Well thank G*d today was a rest day and I had already mixed myself a cocktail before sitting down to read the daily. I feel like this is a running version of the movie "Crazy People." Today my only workout was singing Jimmy Buffett tunes for 5 hrs total in the car. I dragged the kiddos with me to see my Mom and take her out to dinner It's 1 month today since my Dad died, so she's been living in the nursing home 1 month. She's really throwing herself into the group living and attending every activity, and all the nurses and residents have such kind things to say about her. I feel so proud of her. Baseball -- quit it in '93. Was a huge, season-ticket type fan before. So where the heck do I stand? Corner or not? I'm so confused. Confused

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

actually, we haven't had a good hottub party here in a LONG time, so I say all who hate baseball, and want to avoid religion and politics should join me in the hottub Cool
      Tammy in a hot tub, and Carolyn topless, WOW....need I say more. Man, this running stuff is really paying off, lol. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Today my only workout was singing Jimmy Buffett tunes for 5 hrs total in the car.
        Did someone say "singing"? "Jimmy Buffett" "I really do appreciate the fact your sitting here. Your voice it sounds so wonderful, but your face ain't all that clear. So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round of brew........." --JB
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Did someone say "singing"? "Jimmy Buffett" "I really do appreciate the fact your sitting here. Your voice it sounds so wonderful, but your face ain't all that clear. So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round of brew........." --JB
          Take it to the hot tub Evry! Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

I don't remember a masters' daily ever going to 7 pages. And I'll finish it off until SteveP gets up (or gets ready for bed? which is it, Steve?). 30 minutes of obnoxiously boring pool running tonight. For some reason, the two lanes for open swim, which have been nice and quiet this week, were full of middle school kids splashing and making a terrific ruckus. I got hit in the head twice with balls and diving rings. Geez... Was cute to see them having fun, but really.... Got it done, and tomorrow I'll prolly just hang out and eat. Will make mushroom risotto (my favorite pre-marathon meal) and DH will grill salmon on a cedar plank. Yum. Just finalized plans for NYC. We'll be staying with my niece and her BF the first two nights, then our friends Alice and Neil deGrasse Tyson on Sunday night. Should be fun, and no hotel costs. Very cool.
            SteveP

Ok, I know I'm not supposed to be nervously checking the weather reports before the marathon... but I've got some serious wardrobe issues to deal with. Two years ago I almost overheated, and last year was cool and misty at the start, warm near the end, and it poured after I finished. This year... ugh. Rain/snow mix for Friday night, and with the peak of this race being above 2,000 ft, that could mean snow/slush/mud at the top! Oh boy. Need to find my gloves....
              A black ribbed Batman tank top covers most conditions.
              I don't remember a masters' daily ever going to 7 pages. And I'll finish it off until SteveP gets up (or gets ready for bed? which is it, Steve?)..
              I read the post over morning coffee after reading the news. My minimal runs are usually the day before they're posted. Last weekend, I tweaked my back. I'm the master of doing dumb stuff. Ya know, when a person knows better and they go and do it any ay. This AM (Friday) it's better. The kewlest race of the year is Saturday AM. We'll see how Friday goes. I'm really struggling over what to wear during the race, on the assumption I start

SteveP

evanflein

Hey Steve, how about a ribbed Batman tank top? Just a thought... Big grin