Masters Running

Thursday before the perfect storm (Read 51 times)

Bushrat Runner

Good luck to all the storm waiters. Sounds like some interesting weather, or at least maybe. I grew up in north central Washington (yes, that's Mariposai country) and when I found myself in Seattle for grad school it was interesting to see what happens when a city that rarely sees snow gets six inches overnight. Pretty wild. At that time, the city pretty much stopped with any snow, but six inches (or maybe it was only four...can't remember...) and there were cars parked in the middle of roads everywhere.

I haven't ever been to New England...how much snow is normal where they are expecting this storm to hit? The difference from normal is usually what makes in most interesting.

My crazy winter continues. My wife has been off on a well-deserved girlfriends vacation to Hawaii while I'm working, cracking the homeschool whip, getting the kids to swim practice, and trying to prep some parts for the airplane winter project. I confess I'm having trouble getting it all done, and running hasn't fit at all, except for last Saturday. To make it even more hilarious, we have our Winterfest here, and it started tonight with the opening ceremonies, Duct Tape fashion show, and talent show. DD was in one of the talent show acts, but I just couldn't spend the whole evening without getting some exercise...

So I was the lone swimmer at open lap swim. I'm a truly novice swimmer, but I had one of the wonderful experiences where I hit a new stride. Granted it was only in the breast stroke, but I finally figured out the effort level, stroke cycle, and rhythm such that I could just keep swimming. I could have gone a full hour without stopping, I think. Freestyle feels like it is close to hitting that same stride. I hate backstroke, but it is better than last month. And don't tell anybody, but both last week and this week I managed to get a few stroked of the fly in...correctly...there's hope for every one of us I guess.

Despite bagging on the talent show, I finished swimming in time to get over there and see DD in her act. Then I bolted for a friend's shop and worked on prepping landing gear for the plane. Finally, got the kids after the show and here we are. I'm tired.

Good runs all. We're gaining 5 minutes a day of sunlight up here...

Marathon Maniac #957

My wife has been off on a well-deserved girlfriends vacation to Hawaii while I'm working,

Troy, you are a good man........Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Good to see Divechief posting//............hang in there.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....