Masters Running

My Boston RR (Read 258 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim - it was so nice to meet you and your DW and DD! Glad you had a great experience overall (in spite of nasty cramp) and I hope to see you again (maybe next year).... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great even splits up until that cramp hit. What a drag but such things happen in marathons. Also, it was hot out there when the cramps hit which, I bet, is what induced them. Since salt tablets have been suggested to avoid them I am going to add a plug for Enlyten strips. Since I started using them my cramping problems have been a thing of the past. But, as you noted, the most important thing is you had a great time in every sense of the word!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tim... Congrats on your third Boston! I'm in the anti-cramp group too... hate them! It was wonderful FINALLY meeting you. Your first BQ was a model upon which I based my training and I've been waiting for our paths to cross. You ran a very smart race. If you figure out cramp causes, let me know. (FWIW... I had 13 e-caps and no cramps Shocked ) Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tim, you ran a superb marathon. Leg cramps suck but you overcame it. I enjoy your RRs and look forward to the one for NYC Marathon. I'm guessing your daughter's ankle is OK now since she's training for her first marathon. Best wishes to you and your family!
            Tim, Great job...even with the cramps. Your training over the last few years have been exemplary and show how dedicated you are to this sport of running . You are a great influence to me and to others on this site. Thanks for the report and come back to beantown for a fourth time so I can meet you. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently