Masters Running

Monday March 2 Master Miles (Read 482 times)

Slo

Holly Welcome to the Everyday Runner Club !
      3 recovery miles for me tonight. I did run them at the gym though. Yes Holly I am a recent convert to the everyday schedule and I agree that it seems to get a few kinks out after a hard day. I actually feel lucky that we missed all the snow this time. It sounds like there is a break in the weather coming this week. Hang in there everyone. I am going to read the Ragnar Post. I would love to do one of these sometime. Good runs Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

PJH

Well, we missed the snow, but the temps were a balmy -27C/-17F when I woke up this morning. Erika will think I'm a wimp, but I decided to use the TM today. Managed 60 mins at about 10 mpm. Yesterday was just as cold. I went out to support our running group at a local HM. I've decided that in weather like this, it's better to run than watch. I was stationed at the 6 mile mark when the first runner came by. He was all alone and at least 1/2 mile ahead of the next runner (there were 2260 runners in this event) ... he was really moving! He won the race by a full 4 minutes in a time of 1:07:20 ... which seems to me is pretty fast. Good running everyone! PJ
        xor

Two weeks ago, I was on my way to my first 75 mile week in a very long time... after a proper build-up to reach that figure. Then on Thursday of that week, I got sick. Stuck at 55. Last week, I stayed sick and managed a whopping 14.5 for the whole week. Today, I managed 10.3 (split up as 4.3 in the morning, 6 in the afternoon). All easy, but with some strides at the end of the afternoon run. Wahoo for the coconuts!

evanflein

Erika will think I'm a wimp, but I decided to use the TM today.
            Ok, I'm going to get a complex with everyone thinking I think everyone is a wimp for bailing on a cold run for the treadmill! Really... I don't think that at all! Especially those temps, PJH! Now, if you were whining about the cold and it was +17F... ok, then maybe... Wink But I'm a wimp too when it comes to wind or lots of snow, so we all have our "thing" to deal with.
            He won the race by a full 4 minutes in a time of 1:07:20 ... which seems to me is pretty fast.
            Yep, I'd say that's pretty fast. Wow... Beautiful sunshine out there... I'm really tempted to see if the bikepath has been plowed by the time I get home, but sometimes I think my knees feel a little stiffer than they should, so maybe not.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Erika, would you please Email me so I have your Email address again...don't know how the heck that got lost...I ALWAYS keep the pretty gals Email adresses. Geez, I still have Ribs, and...never mind biketm42 at webtv dot net. Just say Hi - or your an idiot or something...hey, idiot works for me, lol. Mr TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!