Masters Running

Calling out Arf!! (Read 311 times)

So we have to read this in another thread???? Let's hear more about the DD and the Olympics! After I stopped running, during the month before I had my first, (daughter), I didn't swim or cycle, but I did ride my horse a lot, and now, my baby girl is 19 and in Germany with her horse, training with the coach of the German Olympic team ( I am very proud of her) p.s.--my boss is a horse lover, has a Fresian and another "regular" horse so I need details!
    Masters 2000 miles

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks aamos. I bet arflet is in the Olympics next time herself.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

thanks aamos. I bet arflet is in the Olympics next time herself.
        I love it--arflet. Indeed, we need details so we can start the fan club!
        Masters 2000 miles
        arf

MM #405

She is in Warendorf, Germany with her horse....at a Facility, training under the guidance of a coach and the German Olympic Eventing Team. Google DOKR. For some reason I am unable to post the link. also...you need to hit the translate button, unless you can read German Smile Almost one year ago the coach of the Olympic Team invited her and a handfull of other young International hopefuls to bring their horses for coaching. To train and show, and also to train and show other young horses of Olympic calibre. She tells me she is working hard and learning a lot and enjoying every second of every minute of it. Very expensive but how could I say no to an opportunity like that for her? I sure miss that kid though Sad arflet's Mom
          evanflein

Arf that is so cool. I'm insanely jealous! She's very lucky that her mom recognizes the value of this opportunity and let her go. I hope she's taking lots of pictures... would be fun to see the facility, horses and of course, the riders!
            xor

I sure miss that kid though
              You just need a good cheek pinching. And maybe some pie. Pie always helps.

Head Procrastinator

For pie you have to come over to KR Masters. We have lots of pie. Congrats to your DD arf, that is so exciting. I had a horse growing up and did some dressage. It's an amazing feeling when your horse is responding to the slightest pressure from a leg or finger.
                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                arf

MM #405

Thanks you guys Smile Aamos...love you, hope I get to see you, (and Frank) real soon. Any chance you will be running Seattle in November? Erika...I will ask Dave if he will post her pic's ...she will be coming home for Christmas. Robert...next time I see you, you get LOWER cheek pinches Big grin Barb...so cool that you rode dressage! Do you still get a chance to ride? Are you doing any inline skating? arf

Head Procrastinator

I only skated a few times this season, my new love is my Cannondale 6-13. I do miss skating though. I also have not ridden for about ten years. My GF Geri had two horses but since has given them up and other pursuits have taken over.
                    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                      I'm so impressed. This is to remind you and Dive to Post Peekshures ASAP!!! My plan is to run NYC in early NOv. in Red Sox garb. If I live, we'll figure out what's next after that! Want to see you soon, too. grins, A
                      Masters 2000 miles

Maniac 505

Sorry, been out of town, here are a few arflet pictures.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks dive. get that horse back here too. now I finally figured out how to keep up to arf.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)