Masters Running

Urgent! Saturday the 24th (Read 35 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

O no!  MikeE's planning on running the MCM in his red hat.  That's it.  Got the text right here.  I know it's going to be raining but?????

O, no run for me today.  See, I can taper!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

In his red hat, but shirtless, right?

Nice tapering, Amy!

No run for me today, but one hour on the bike trainer watching Contact.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

That's just it; no other clothing mentioned.  You know he's fast, but this is really streaking!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Nice long run, wild.  I've been helping my wife get started on making, and canning, what will probably be about 30 pints of applesauce.  We've already done over 100 pints.  This is all for our grandkids.  She's done over 100 pints of salsa and 45 or so pints of marinara plus some other stuff.  She says she's approaching 400 pints all together.

This morning, it was about 50 and there was some wind.  I got in 7 miles at an 11:25 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes...red hat...I'm still debating over the shirt...but shorts will definitely be worn.  Debbie laughs at me enough...I don't need the population of DC laughing at me, too.

Traffic is terrible here!  Packet pickup was pretty rough...it was the parking that made it so bad.  But...I found a guy at the marathon information booth and he was fantastic.  I think I have it figured out for the morning.  I think this will be the last "big" marathon I do.  How big is Portland?

Marathon Maniac #957

She says she's approaching 400 pints all together.

Wow!  That is awesome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I am still down in Tennessee. managed to run 7 miles along the Stones River trail. Really nice path they have created here in Murfreesboro.

Mike E and AamosY good luck tomorrow!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

lamerunner

Best of luck to Amy and Mike at MCM...there will be a lot of Marines, so behave!! I only ran that one once, but ... there were a lot of Marines. Nice course too as I recall.

I ran  about  9 miles today on a combination of rail trail and some fire roads/mountain bike trails nearby.  In the mountain bike area, there were some people training sled dogs; some with dogs pulling a bike,whipping around the corner of the same basic loop I was doing-- well controlled dogs, but it looked terrifying to me- and some in sulky style vehicles with two to four dogs pulling. It was interesting to see.

This afternoon we went up to Proctor to see DS' s soccer game.  Hard fought; Proctor won on a penalty kick.  Opposing defense made the mistake of tripping one of our smallest kids in the box.  Also, the opposing coach apparently got a red card at half time, for mouthing off to the refs. . .. That is (or should be) embarassing.   Geez, this is high school, not World cup....

I am still behind, but I understand deez in Dublin-- good luck, and enjoy!  I don't know if I have more road marathons left in me, but Dubline would be cool.

Happy running!

evanflein

I hope Deez, Mike, Amy and everyone else running tomorrow has great runs! Can't wait to hear how Deez does, I'd love to run Dublin someday. Maybe when I'm retired. Berlin and Prague also.

Nice to see Lamerunner checking in. And yes, it's just high school, right? Although some people seem to have higher expectations or goals or something.

Today was not as warm as predicted, but still nice and mild. Spent most of the day doing errands and shopping, but got in a good tempo run to DH's office after I got chicken stock going on the stove. So... 9.1 miles at 7:56 average, and about 1.5 gallons of chicken stock making the house smell wonderful when we got back.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

18 autumny miles on a cycling shopping spree here-and-there

to check-out and buy a mini-saw and more bird seed.

they're sure gettin' hungry.
                      MikeE -
                      have fun at MCM no matter what you wear or not.

How big is Portland?

ans: big enough for well-organized starting corrals

but only 5,714 finishers this year recorded to 12 hours

vs. more than 20,000 MCM'ers it seems last year

under their seven-and-a-half hours cutoff.

ps - the TSelbs's'd dangerous near blueberries.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)