Masters Running

Monday May 5th Daily Run and Fun (Read 483 times)

First day of my diet and I haven't bit anybody's arm off yet...but the kids are keeping their distance...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
    evanflein

You go there, Lynden... tell me how it works out. I keep thinking with marathon training over for now, it's an ideal time to drop a few. But I'll watch and see how you (and your kids) do for awhile first. What a blowout... First game of the High School soccer schedule... DS1's team beat the air force school's team 12 to zip. Wow, what a drubbing. Would've been 13 to zero if DS1 hadn't flubbed the goal the other team handed him... Oh well, I told him this H.S. Varsity schedule will just make his comp game better and better. We had every weather element but snow tonight... wind, cold, rain, hail, then second half was brilliant sunshine as the clouds parted and it warmed up as it got later. Gotta love this goofy place. No running today, but I'm thinking I'll get up early tomorrow and get a quick run in... Both boys have soccer and we're down to one parent and one car...
        Mariposai - a well-deserved rest is due for you after that monster course. Yesterday's race started about 15 minutes late, but I didn’t think much about it. Today I read this: Due to a multiple-alarm fire on Mile 22 of the Marathon course, the start of the race was delayed by about 15 minutes. The course was re-directed around the emergency, adding an estimated fourth of a mile to the route. The route still will be certified as an official course. My Garmin did read the course as long, but I just attributed that to the normal discrepancies with Garmins. I’ll have to e-mail my friend to tell him that he did even better than he thought. Smile
        Firemen had an eventful day, Holly. Not only this fire you mentioned, but I read on a national fire web site that a firefighter running the marathon collapsed and went into cardiac arrest around mile 10 and as luck was on his side a group of other firefighters were running behind him and performed CPR and brought him back. Nice job on your maniac status and good luck with your new house. Fran

Marathon Maniac #957

Fran - that was good luck for that guy. I remember last year there was a fatality at the Pig. Glad there wasn't this year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."