Masters Running

Yakima Marathon non-race report (it's the journey!) - pictures... (Read 170 times)

xor

Normally, I post my race reports both in here and over in the regular area of the message board. This one isn't a race report (yet). I have another race to write up first. However, I thought I'd share some pictures of my trip. I do not feel like posting links to the exact same pictures again, so if you are interested, just click this link to the other thread. And these are literally pictures of the journey up through the snow and over a mountain pass. For those who don't know what Seattle or Washington state look like (and they do NOT normally look like this in April). I realize that many folks here in Masters are completely against the idea of clicking outside the warm, friendly Masters area... but there you have it.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Nice pictures Robert!! I'm sure the trip was worth the weekend of celebrations and comradery...oh yes the running too!! Francesca
      evanflein

Great pictures, Robert. Had no problem leaving the cozy Master's forum to check it out. The most impressive thing to me, besides the 6 miles string of cars, was the 2-story median of snow piled up in the middle. Wow... that's some snowfall!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Robert, whatever you do is worth it, especially when you can get to the start of the canyon without any snow over there. ps - next time take the camera down the canyon road too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Great pictures Robert. I am so happy you were able to capture the spirit of the land. The same spirit we all enjoy and cherish. I can't wait to hear you Yakima was today. Next year NOBODY will keep me away from this raceUndecided

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Love the pictures, Lopez
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              wildchild

Carolyn

Cool pix! Looks kinda like Colorado with all the spring snow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

Great pictures. I did a bike tour over the pass about 10 years ago-without the white stuff..