Masters Running

Gasparilla gathering? (Read 496 times)

btb1490

I'm really sorry the weekend gatherings didn't work out different for us. We are both really sorry none of the meet ups worked out better. We both had fun in Tampa Sunday playing Tourist. Arf is doing better, but we both decided a DNS is better then a DNF. The race shirt is nice, I will probably wear it on some of my training runs, but first I need to get a magic marker and change the wording on it from "Competitor" to DNS We are looking forward to the next time we can meet. Dave
    Hi Dave, I'm glad you and Arf were able to rally and enjoy the rest of your stay! DNSing was probably a very wise choice for the race for both of you. Don't change that shirt one bit! The both of you are still competitors, whether you were able to run or not. I'm glad we got to hook up briefly at least. Lets do it again sometime. Smile -Bob
    btb1490

Hope we connect again at another race.
      http://www.hamptonsmarathon.com/ Tuck that one away and think about it. The weather here in September is perfect, and the race course is spectacular. Smile Yes, they have a half marathon too!
      arf

MM #405

Bob.....we will DEFINITELY think about it. Just wanted to express how sorry I was to have missed seeing you and wanted to thank you so much for the gift. Everything seemed to be working against us, but we did manage to have a fun weekend in the sun. Are you running that marathon in September? arf
        btb1490

Bob.....we will DEFINITELY think about it. Just wanted to express how sorry I was to have missed seeing you and wanted to thank you so much for the gift. Everything seemed to be working against us, but we did manage to have a fun weekend in the sun. Are you running that marathon in September? arf
          I'm glad you guys ended up having a good weekend! Smile That race I mentioned was written up in Runner's World as one of the top 10 new marathons of 2007. I volunteered at it last year, and will either volunteer again this year, or run the half. Here are a couple of photos I took of the men's and woman's leaders in the full marathon. One thing though, you need to be able to understand the directional arrows on the course to avoid getting lost ( bottom photo) Wink