Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.20.14 (Read 40 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Jay (Coastwalker)...here's DH (Dan).....Jay, thanks for the video link.   Race/speed walking is far from walking,  isn't it? It's surprisingly challenging if done with technique.   I've got a ways to go to have something I call "technique, " but I enjoy the challenge and the lack of stress on my problematic ankle. Fortunately my walking buddy is a former speed walking coach and is taking me under his wing. Good luck with your races.   Someday I'll get enough confidence to sign up for a race myself.

Thanks again.   --- DanL902@Yahoo. Com

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Fly By....It looks like there was another Bigfoot sighting near us. A few years ago, Tag mysteriously lost his first cape in the woods...hhhhmmmm

Never underestimate the power of crawling.  Did it one time for a few hours while planting bulbs.  I now know why babies have such cute butts!

Congrats, Ribs.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Never underestimate the power of crawling.  Did it one time for a few hours while planting bulbs.  I now know why babies have such cute butts!

Run Rules - Ironman World Championshipsl.

1. No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed

=============

<header>IRONMAN CRAWL (1982)</header>

Running only on bananas and water the whole day as well as lacking rest pre-race, her legs would start to give in one mile from finish. She would fall a handful of times yet still be able to maintain her lead. But as she was nearing the finish line, she would stagger and buckle and eventually would be unable to hold her legs up.

Though well meaning spectators rushed to her aid, she shooed them away for she didn’t want to get disqualified. Finally, 10 yards from finish, with only her arms having their strength, she started to crawl. As she was struggling her way through the crowds, McCartney, who had no idea about Moss’ plight, ran past and claimed the women’s first prize. On all fours, Moss would plod through and crawl and cross the finish line 29 seconds after McCartney.

<article>A repeat of the Ironman crawl (1997)</article>

The 1982 Hawaii Ironman was memorable as it saw Julie Moss on all fours as she struggled to reach the finish line. This dramatic crawl will again be repeated in 1997. Sian Welch and Wendy Ingraham, just yards away from the finish line, were both clearly in severely depleted physical states. Both were zigzagging and falling yet would amazingly stand on their feet again, only to fall once more. After repeated unsuccessful attempts at standing up, Ingraham would eventually just crawl after which Welch would follow in the same manner. Ingraham finished ahead, and just sat against the post. Welch would come in seconds later, collapsing after touching the finish-chute carpet, after which she would be dragged away by her support crew.

http://triathlonfacts.com/famous-triathletes-julie-moss/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

TW, I hope your ouchies get better.

When we go run run run when it is way too hot (just the way I like it), sometimes Dad plays bridge too. He takes his glasses off and jumps right off and into the river.

Debbie, still and will be thinking of you, hoping healing is as speedy as possible, and also at warp speed.  Maybe Tag could talk to some superhero doc about this????  B

Don't ever ever ever got to the Dr!!! It is more bad than having a bath! You go to a place where all the smells are weird. Everyone is really nice and says "You're a good dog." and they pretend to like you. They put you in a small room with no windows for a very long time. It doesn't even have a couch or a bed or any toys to play with. People come back in and tell you that you are a good dog. And then. And then the same people who say how good you are give you lots of shots! Then they say how good you are again! I get scared at what happens to the bad dogs.

Those treats look very good Leslie.

Honey came over and Mom and Dad took us both out to go run run run! We started from my house and we went on the roads. That means we have to stay on leashes. It's still fun, just I can not chase critters and make them run run run. Lost of the snow is melting and we can see more dead critters that used to be frozen all winter. The stoopid leashes. Mom and Dad won't let me or Honey go roll in the critters. That is such great fun! Near my house, a squirrel ran across the road and I could not get it! We did get ice cream when we were done. I'm sure that is exactly how squirrels taste.

Sniffing Butts, Tag