Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 3.27.15 (Read 32 times)

Holly S. once you have all of the financial offers in hand you can potentially negotiate a better deal. Just do not say to the financial aid office you want to negotiate a better deal. Tell them your DS really wants to go to wherever but with the cost difference between wherever and the better deal you cannot swing it. Can they do anything to help since DS really, really wants to go to wherever. I know this is a stupid cryptic dance, welcome to the world of academia!

enkephalin ibuprofen on a regular basis of late. Good luck with the next door to come by. The ones that recently flaked out; you are better off this way than you would be later on.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

hi all,

haven't been around the last few days (anyone notice?  lol ) because I've been off work, not online much, and working on stuff at home. i actually planned my partial week off for spring break just right as this part of the week is warm and sunny. i bet it was mid 70's today. We've had a painter in the last two days painting the entire upstairs and now that the paint looks awesome and so fresh and bright, now I'm even more anxious to get the new carpet going.

I got some more of my garden planted, so now I have lettuce, kale, basil, garlic and onions growing and I noticed part of my garden is definitely being overrun by raspberries - those shoots manage to come up 2 feet away!

took David to the running store today to re-assess his gait analysis and get new running shoes. he'd been having some lateral foot discomfort when running so we weren't sure if maybe his gait is changing so the stability shoes are no longer the right kind. But his Brooks Adrenalines are still the best shoes for him so just got him the newest model. I'm due for new shoes too, but will just look online for last years close-out models for mine.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

I remember when my mom would buy me a pair of tennis shoes at Walgreens and those would be my gym/track/running shoes.

TammyinGP

yeah, life was a lot simpler then. . . and cheaper 

Tammy

Mariposai

I remember when my mom would buy me a pair of tennis shoes at Walgreens and those would be my gym/track/running shoes.

Running was so much more simple yesteryear. The last two years, my goal has been going back to basic again. For example, I have been buying my shoes at the local Big 5 and refusing to spend more than $50 for a pair. Guess what? I have been able to run great races with the cheaper models than the $80, $90, $120 models.

Another full day at work, which ended with a delightful evening date with my two other daughters and an other son. We drove for an hour to eat at a very good Mexican restaurant. We had a blast. I am so blessed to have two sons and so many other kids who still enjoys hanging out with their mama or "other mom" as the kids like to call me.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Shoes... I rarely (ever?) buy shoes at full price and try to always get free shipping. And that 300-500 max for shoes? Hey they're just getting broken in! My Brooks PureFlows just crossed 1,000 miles earlier this month. I'll probably not wear then much because the tread is pretty worn and they're starting to get holes in the uppers. But a lot of those miles are on snow with the spikes on them, so not sure they get much wear. My New Balance have about 450 miles on them and most of those are treadmill miles. I've been wearing them outside lately, and the little rocks on the road side sure can be felt! They're lightweight and soft though, like slippers. I maybe spent $60 on them....

Sounds like a fun outing, Mariposai. Those kids are lucky to have you. Frankly, when my kids pretty much left the house, I was glad to be done with their friends. I really like their girlfriends now though, and we like to all get together when they're here. My DS1 turned 23 yesterday. Wow...

I do remember the filly when she was much younger. I kind of feel like you do, Sal. There's no way Hudson is off to college cuz he's just a kid. And Holly's DS is always scrapping with her DD, who rides a bike with boots and yells go mommy go! OMG we've all come a long way together.

So tomwhite, is the store sale final? When can you order that new hip (hips?)?

I need to go back to the office tomorrow. And more than because I didn't water my plants. Just so much going on and I'm so behind. It'll be nice to go spend a few hours in there with nobody else there and catch up on things and do some clean up. Maybe I'll have DH drop me off and I'll run home again. He's got this basketball game he wants to watch starting at 2 (AZ Wildcats vs. WI Badgers) and we're going to the ballet at 8 (he won tickets on the radio!!), so the run (mostly) home thing might work out just right.

Today was 5.2 miles, mostly easy, on a road I haven't been on since last fall. More and more routes are opening up again, but can't wait till the trails are runnable!!