Masters Running

Thursday 11/8 daily (Read 322 times)

Mariposai

Howdie folks. How is your Thursday treating you?

I just got back from a 3 hilly recovery run. 7 deer in the meadow stopped what they were doing and just watched me run by them. Very cool.

Carpe Diem my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

My condolences to Divechief and all his family.  Wonderful that you were able to make it in time.  I know it was painful, but extermely important that we were able to do that when my Mom passed almost two years ago.  And this place is pretty special for added support.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

My condolences Divechief.

After an early start to the workday yesterday I decided to take extra time under the covers this morning. No run to report yet. But it will be an easy peasy paced one later today.

King of PhotoShop

Condolences to you Dive Chief.

Twocat, thanks for your words of wisdom yesterday.

5.5 easy pace at the park with my RP, then a flex workout.

I feel bad for the east coast people who are getting nailed again.  It seems unreal this could be happening.  Down here it's harder to visualize as we go through one nice day after another.  Spareribs

Tramps

Hey folks.  I've been AWOL after prolonged Internet access troubles.  The result is we've dumped our satellite service in favor of DSL, which was not available in our area when we signed up for satellite ( there's still no cable service here).  So far, so good.  

Meanwhile, I've managed to miss discussion of Sandy (hope everyone here made it through okay), the election, etc. etc.  I hope everyone's been well.

9 miler for me this morning.

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Maniac 505

Thanks for the . Erika, I know exactly where you turned around. If you had gone another 100 yards the trail would have opened back up. In 1/2 mile you could have either stayed on the trail which dead ends in another couple miles, past the Marina, or gone straight on the road and ended up at discovery park in another couple of miles. I did three miles in the shadows of Folsom prison. Fortunately my father was an attorney. He prepared very well for this. Emotionally it's tough, but at least the paper work is a easy as possible.
              TammyinGP

Dave, I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your dad, but thankful that you could be there. I'm sure that was comforting to him as well. My grandfather also had Alzeimers and it's such a cruel cruel disease.

Got in a 3 mile run at the track last night, waiting for david to finish up basketball. then bball went late so i actually could have run longer. oh well. rain today, snow forecasted for later. and just 48 hrs ago it was almost 70 degrees. ughhh.

Tammy

My condolences to you and your mom, Dave.  What a blessing that you were able to be there when your dad passed.  I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

More stunning pics from Troy.

Out at about 4:45 a.m. for 5 wonderful miles with 6 strides thrown in at the end, followed by an hour of core/strength training.  The rain sprinkles started right before I got home, and started coming down with a vengeance while I was in the shed.  Perfect timing!

I've run three days in a row, with two days of core/ST, and I can't believe how good everything is going.  I'm feeling strong, not tired, and my running feels [almost] effortless.  It's nice. . . . . remind me of this when in a couple of months I'm complaining about being tired and the legs not cooperating. Wink

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing, Divechief.

So I flew back from Knoxville, TN last night into Hartford.  Went from 60 degrees to half a foot of snow.  Got stuck behind a convoy of snow plows doing 20 mph on the highway.  Didn't get in til after midnight.  Then up at 5:30 to shovel the driveway (call it cross training).  Hadn't called the plow guy to get on his list yet.

I already hate this winter. 

After I started feeling better this morning, I went for a run.  Of course, I felt guilty because I'm off on sick leave and yet feel good enough to run.  I took my cell phone to appease DW, so that way I could call for help if I was dead from whatever's giving me the headaches.  It's not often you see this kind of scenery in the suburbs, so since I had my phone, I took a picture of it.

Old place

Shortly after I passed there, I noticed what looked like a woman's wallet on the ground next to the road.  I picked it up and unzipped it.  There was a wad of cash, an IBC bank card and a couple of random cards.  The outside bill was a dollar so I didn't bother counting it.  Who knows what would have happened if it had been a hundred?  Shortly after that, I found a lot of change.  I did count that, later, and kept it.  $1.60.  Guess that was my reward!  I kept running to IBC Bank, not far out of my way home and returned it.  The teller was very appreciative. 

Just short of 7 miles.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

. . .  I took my cell phone to appease DW, so that way I could call for help if I was dead from whatever's giving me the headaches. 

. . .

Shortly after I passed there. . .

RIP Opie. At least you got a nice pic and were somehow able to post it before passing there. .  .

wait - isn't this how rumors get started???

Wink

Tammy

tomw, nice looking bike.  dive, my thoughts are with you, your mother, and the rest of your family.  It's good you were able to get there to be with your mother.  opie, I like the "rural" picture.  Out in the country where I live, we have a lot of views similar to this.  It's one advantage to being away from civilization.

This morning, it was in the low 30s and almost calm.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:00 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I'm sorry for your loss, Dave. So nice that you could be there.

Well, my U-verse installation took most of the day yesterday, but so far it's working pretty well -- just have to get used to a new DVR after several years with our current one. As Eisenhower once said, "Planning is everything; the plans mean nothing", meaning that nothing ended up being done the way I had figured it out, but in the end it was an even better configuration than I expected.

I've got a 10K coming up this weekend, so hope that today's lack of sproinkiness was not a bad omen. 4 miles at a less than stellar pace. Now I'm not sure whether to run again before Sunday, but considering we'll be having a major warmup (mid-60s in the PM), maybe I'll get the bike out for a short ride.

It's all good...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Of course, I felt guilty because I'm off on sick leave and yet feel good enough to run. 

Big grin  But you know that we totally understand.....

3.4 miles for me this morning.  Just took too long puttering around the house and ran out of time.  Plus my knee is a little creaky, so no neet to push it right now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

So sorry for your loss, Divechief. As everyone else has said, it was good that you were able to be there.