Masters Running

Saturday's Daily 2.28.15 (Read 32 times)

The deep freeze continues.  But my DW went off with her friends to run this morning in 7º weather!!!    Not a chance I would.  Plus, at least I have a good excuse other than the cold for once; I am going to see about tomorrow's 25k race.  I sure hope the roads along the course are less icy than my driveway!  Yesterday on my way back down from collecting the mail I hit some black ice and wham down face first.  Good thing it is so cold that even for a short walk I get dressed up like I planning to go camping outside at evqanflein's place.    The net result was a minor knee scrape and no other damage!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Ribs, hope your meatloaf turns out great. Ours was excellent and yes, DH loves to get a nice smoky flavor to it. Sorry about the ice, I know all too well how that is.

Not an idiot, tomwhite, you're just tired of not being able to do what you really want to do. Glad the poolrun felt good.

And Tetsujin chalks up another one. I think it's pretty cool that you can go do those marathons (at any pace) without training. I really don't know that I could/would do that.

No prime for me. This is a pretty pitiful month, I think my total will be about 166 or so. Got out today for 8.6 miles on the bike paths which had been plowed recently and were in pretty good shape. I ran 3.3 yesterday before our evening out and the sun was shining so bright. Today was overcast, and we've got snow and high winds forecast for tonight. I had a couple miles to go when the snow started... icy little flakes that stung my eyes. I was thinking of going kind of long today since tomorrow could be iffy, but by the time I got to 8 miles I was covered in snow and pretty much done with the whole thing.

Mariposai

We waited to go out until the temp hit the "tropica" 20's with a bright sun. 

Vintage runner you are not!!! Great job today.

yes, Robin looks stunning with her new haircut.

Denisee, congrats on your 1AG

Taperboy, you are amazing. How many marathons have your ran since you went to Japan? BTW, we miss you in the PNW.

Smoked meatloaf inspired by EK, I want some of it!

Tselbs, great job on that run in single digits.

It was 50F and windy when the Easy Pacer and I went out for our short run this afternoon. Gorgeous sunshine! 4 miles as we ran on miles 8,9 and 10 of the Omak Orchards in Bloom. Gorgeous view and race course I may add.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

posie - how's the orchards going?

I got an e-mail from Duathlon Sylvia to join her and Ironman Dr. Frank at his Friday evening roundtable and morning race.  I'm glad you got him back. I hope I'll be there this time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)