Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 9.1.14 (Read 35 times)

Tom - you are one of the special jewels of humanity.

Maybe I'll come back there too when my time comes.

..tet//.........you're welcome to all the Free IceCream and Beer you want here  anytime...

......even if your time hasn't come........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Ha!  Spareribs fell for the oldest trick in the books..."looking for dead Indians"...and I thought he was a fairly smart guy...

mrrun

All the archeologists in the Northeast look for Native American sites - guess Texans are different!

evanflein

Good to have you back, Ribs.

Our day started so nice, although pretty chilly at 38° but at least it was sunny. Well, the forecast was for heavy rains and high winds the next couple of days, starting mid-day today. I got out here at about noon with the radar showing a big block of solid green moving in from the west. Did an easy shuffle-like run down the road and back in a light rain. Now we're just hanging out after eating grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup... that just seemed like a perfect lunch on a grey rainy chilly day!

Hugh congratulations to Tet on A greta Half marathon. With Francesca pacing you, what could go wrong? Good luck keeping the running streak going in two weeks.

Erika, I love grilled cheese sandwiches and my homemade tomato soup, gotta make some of that this week.

I was was awake at 6, just like clockwork even though I had decided to sleep in. I did the laundry, read the Sunday paper and made a wonderful omelet. Today was a rest day from running so MrStarr and I went to the garden. We have about 4 trays of tomatoes in various stages of ripeness and scads of peppers... Bell peppers, jalapeño peppers, sweet banana peppers, serano peppers and Italian grilling peppers. What were we thinking? the food processor made quick work of them and they are in the freezer ready for omelets this winter. When the tomatoes ripen we will make salsa and get that canned.

We made deviled eggs and Rice Krispie bars for a picnic tonight, yum! We even had time for a bike ride, just 8 miles. The picnic was nice and we finally saw the sun. What a lovely evening. I am so blessed.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  I just realized the VT50 is THIS month!  I wonder if I can find a weather forecast.  I wonder if there's a chance they might cancel.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy labor day night. A bit behind on reading, so just finished binge reading the weekend. And remember very little of it already. 

We had aclog in the camp septic system Sunday late afternoon that backed up all the drains in the camp. Exquite timing on a Sunday night before a holiday. Amazingly we found someone to come out this morning who took out the clog and pped the tank. Needless to say, it was very nice to get functional plumbig back, but my long run that I planned went by the way.  So I'm taking a septic day off to extend my weekend a bit and get it in tomorrow.

BTW, our camp is on Little Sebago Lake in Gray, ME, Holly..

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi again, just got a chuckle out of my 34 YO DS's invention for his 120 volt prototype squirrel trap.... not so much emphasis on the trap. He is a bit disgruntled with how long it did take to cook a hot dog. The squirrel war is on over (and in) the attic.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Almost my worst long run ever. I waited until this afternoon because I had been out of town for the weekend. It started raining about an hour before I began and never let up.

Low 40s and a steady rain. Plan was to go over the Ester Dome and do the out and back. But the rain and wind were too much so I turned at 2/3 up, but by then I was soaked and chilled. Somehow made 20 but it wasn't pleasant at all.

Mariposai

No running today, but I sure had a great time this weekend exploring a part of our state that we hardly ever visited before.

September is here and with September comes the Reach to Beach relay with a few of RA friends.
                      I can't wait...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Trackrat, where'd you start? I started (on Saturday) at the SRC and didn't do the out-and-back but did the rest of the course, and had DH pick me up almost at the roundabout back by SRC. That was a little over 20. Bob V. went from Musk Ox Farm up and the out-and-back, and back down for 20. We did that on Saturday and while chilly, the conditions were good. I just did 6.1 today. Sorry you had to do your long run today, totally miserable conditions!

SteveP

Tom - you are one of the special jewels of humanity.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey!  I just realized the VT50 is THIS month!  I wonder if I can find a weather forecast.  I wonder if there's a chance they might cancel.

What I would like to find is an elevation profile.  I was wondering if the elevation would make a difference in temperature during the race.

A Trackrat - cold rain is the worst.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

What I would like to find is an elevation profile.  I was wondering if the elevation would make a difference in temperature during the race.

Here you go:  http://www.farnorthendurance.com/getting-ready-for-the-vermont-50/

The temperature won't vary too much though even with the elevation changes. Getting closer! And Mike......cancellation? No Way! 

Erika, started at Ballaine Lake and took the course Henderson and then picked up the last 6 miles plus a bit more to make it a full 20. My legs and hands froze by 90 minutes somehow made it. Was chilled for hours.