Masters Running

It is Thurday,3/26..it is time to celebrate....... (Read 564 times)

Tramps

If you get to Toronto, lots of choices including what Holly suggested - the CN Tower and Center Island - two ideal places from which to view the city, one from on high, one from the water. With the kids, you can also consider places like the Ontario Science Center, Ontario Museum, or even a Blue Jays baseball game.
    Oh, puh-lease! PJ, I'm shocked at this advice. Toronto means one thing: www.hhof.com Wink nono--heh heh; I like that idea.

Be safe. Be kind.

i am soooooo behind here --- sorryBlushBlush going back to 12 hour nights this week has kicked my butt but saturday morning i leave for Myrtle Beach for 3 nights with my DH --- can't wait!! quick post for me then i promise to try and catch up later monday - 5 miles treadmill tuesday - swimming wed -- sleep today 4.1 miles outside shifted my walk:run to 3 min walk/7 -9 min run --- felt sooooooooo good!! have a great night!!

denise

Ran a lesiurely 10 miles 10:52 pace at lunchtime, diffusely sunny Cool, a little windy, and MILD 50F or thereabouts. Strange, I was scraping frost off the car this morning! Had one long sleeve on plus shorts and was just right. Absense of runners on such a beautiful day was a bit odd. Sometimes I push to 10 miles mid-week just so that I can get a tselb's LR mention the next day! Hey, it's motivation!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

PJH

Oh, puh-lease! PJ, I'm shocked at this advice. Toronto means one thing: www.hhof.com
          Lol ... how could I forget the HHOF? ... and I'm a die-hard Leafs fan! Still remember being at the last parade back in 1967! We still might make the playoffs, you know. Big grin PJ
            Late in the day post after two days of driving and meetings. Great runs here today and yesterday----special shout-out to to Ms. I Love the Track Maraposai. Smile Excellent work! I can't wait to see the results in person at a race nearby. 3 Wednesday miles in the early morning, 6 Thursday miles in the even earlier morning---pressed for time and ended up running at 8:00 pace, abs and weights when I got home. I was in Boston today and the marathon banners are up and look fabulous (I was on Boylston Street). The shirts this year are bright yellow by the way. This has been a winner week as far as running goes and I remain ever hopeful about knocking down a new master's marathon PR in the Fall----what with all the footsteps gaining on me, I better stay focused.Tongue The passport/card discussion made me think of this summer when we were on the minor league/major league baseball game fan tour with the kiddo. We drove from Rochester, NY to Toronto with my in-laws----five of us stuffed into a Subaru wagon. Yours truly knew that passports weren't needed just then and felt fine about just having my license with me. I did bring along my expired passport and ended up inside having to answer all sort of questions. I was born in Zurich, Switzerland and that created a ruckus. My in-laws ask every week if I have a new passport....and YES I do now! I just didn't want to give up my old passport with all the stamped pages. Definitely visit the Hockey Hall of Fame----close to the baseball stadium and great fun.
            SteveP

P.S. Hi SteveP! Nice to see you posting again!!!!
              . 6.5 recovery paced miles last night - 1:02:23 - 9:36 comfy ave pace. I was running my 8 mile route...my favorite. But at 6.5 miles I simply stopped and pondered - OK Tim, your legs are pretty sore. So what is the next 1.5 miles going to accomplish right now with your training? I thought absolutely nothing, and I felt like I had run far enough... as I call these "junk miles" sometimes. So I walked the 1.5 miles home, enjoying the scenery and thinking to myself.
              A mile is a mile. Each one counts Greta picture Holly!!!!!!! Every take a water balloon up the CN tower? There was a sience center there and a computer would play tic tac toe. Every one was amazed. Thanks, it's good to be back running. I'll be out of town for a week or so. I'll be picking up a 10K in New Port Richie Saturday. With at least 40 degree temp difference and nothing over 7 miles for a long run, I'll pas on the half. However, this is only Thursday. I can change my mind often between now and check in time. With the estate, I figured, as much as I've paid the lawyer. I should at least get one laugh out of the deal. The process is going as well as it can. Thank goodness I've been able to do some of the work myself. Many of the cerditors will not join my fan club.

SteveP

Mariposai

That picture made my day Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

That picture made my day Cool
                  Thanks for saying that Mariposai. To me, with my worldly selfishness and hugh ego, every post from Steve makes my day. When he is here, he reminds us all what heart and kindness and balance in life really means. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Mari,thank you so very much..you my dear made my run better tonight, thanks....you make me envious of track work...U'S FAST! Thanks Steve, ummm...the guy who shut down the "lets find a date for Timbo on Craigs list" thread...you are a funny guy. Yes, a mile is a mile in the bank. Erika...this has bugged me allll day long girl. We all say good run - great run - greta run - WTG - and such, and really mean it here at RA. But, later in the afternoon I looked at your log on your 10 mile tempo run....your not so good about posting times and paces ya know! But after looking at your training log, I noticed your time and pace...that was a great tempo run @ 8:05 pace - 1:20 and some change. I was the one who asked ya to make your log visable to people that would like to see it, and learn from a awesome runner....thanks. There was a comment about that being "maybe" too long for a "tempo run", nope...a perfect distance and great run for a person who runs Marathons. I personally think 10 miles is the perfect distance....not too far, not too short, but just right...WTG Ok, feel much better now TimBO

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!