Masters Running

Jan. 1, 2009 - Happy New Year runs and whatnot (Read 469 times)

dg.

happy new year Smile Holly... I hope you relaxed! SR.... hugs for where it hurts. Perch... nice non RR. wtg. lots of nice runs & racing! Leslie, I'm glad you liked it too. I read about it & noticed it'd been on the Bill Moyer show. Would love it if they put out a CD. Evryday.. in case it seemed funny... re finding our shoes, I was referring back to 'walking blues'. I had my first trail run this morning. could see falling in love with that! except... this morning was a challenge. the trail was hidden a lot, snowy, ruts from cross country skis, plenty of ice. hills which i'm not used to yet. then we got lost (assorted reasons). had to walk a lot because I'm not used to those conditions, & I wasn't dressed for walking. it was 15F & windy. I got so that my core was chilled toward the end, it was a little scary. So... be careful out there! It all ended well, finally got warm. & it was beautiful.... snow, bare trees with sun filtering through. a family of deers. rushing water. 1 hr. 35 min, miles? some. I don't want too look. but will in a bit.
      Francesca didn't get the snow...but we sure got it again...5 @ 8:00 pace on snow covered roads Happy New Year to everyone!!!
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Francesca didn't get the snow...but we sure got it again...5 @ 8:00 pace on snow covered roads
        Keeping our fingers crossed we wont get any more.... I ran the "First Call to Run Marathon" this morning, a very low key MM organized event on the trail where I run daily. I had a lot of fun, a great way to start the New Year. The course was mostly clear of snow , just a few areas of deep slush. Good turnout for a first time event, about 70 people in all, between Marathon , half Marathon and 50K. No big hurry to finish....I took my time to stop and chat whenever possible, so another 4:12:and change for me . I felt pretty good the entire time...I guess I should have done the 50....I'll get my wish next Sat with the Bridle Trails 50K , that will be a real roll in the mud! Have a great evening everybody!!! Francesca
          happy new year Smile Evryday.. in case it seemed funny... re finding our shoes, I was referring back to 'walking blues'.
          HA!! OK, now I get it! I couldn't for the life of me figure out what you meant! You've got a great memory.....me, not so much. Big grin Thanks!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Mariposai

Thanks for the dancing banana and dancer girl Holly. so many great posts today. Great running too. erika, congrats on that 2002 miles for the year. You are my inspiration girl. Off to yet another party. Feeling like a penguin here with too much food in my tummy. Congrats on that 4:12 Francesca. You made it sound to easy to get it. WTG sistah. Good luck on that race next week. You are one tough cookie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy 2009 to all the Boomers! I took a day off from running, as the wind is howling outside, and I needed a day off anyway. Right now the wind is so strong the house is shaking. The table blew off our front porch last night, out into the yard. First time that's ever happened! Tomorrow I have to run errands down in the flatlands, and will try to fit in a run while I'm down in town as it's much warmer there. DD is coming along, as one of the errands is an orthodontist visit, so hopefully she'll want to run with me. Perch, I also liked your non-RR. Nice non-race! You, too, Maine! Franc, congrats on the first marathon of the year. You were stopping to chat and ran a 4:12? Shocked Deb, I liked the link to the song too. Really cool. For anyone that missed it, go back to the end of yesterday's thread.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Yes a Matchbox Corvette Roll eyes Fits nicely on the fireplace Wink
                Is my face noticeably red?? Embarrassed

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

shinnen omedetou gozaimasu. ganbare and good luck to all in 2009. started the year as in many years past with run around the Imperial Palace 5K circuit but a lot slower now than before to say nothing of ever thinking of doing it barefoot back then or in Japanese wooden geta but probably had more fun this time getting a lot of smiles from the New Year's day strollers and runners, even from the Palace Guards busy preparing the grounds for the Emporer's annual New Year's greeting to the people. would have been better with a dea though. ; ---------- ps to tim - after 28 nonrunning days in November, made it to 32 before today's diversions around the Palace but I'm ready to go all the way to 3/1 for you now buddy. In the meantime, the January issue of toe-rai-ah-so-roan (triathlon) Magazine has a yearly log book for daily swimming, cycling and running. It's too much to waste on a guy who only swims once a year and sometimes goes weeks without doing anything so it's yours when you're ready (I got the simplified running one from Runners Magazine to use, . . . starting 3/1, that is).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)