Masters Running

Palindromal Friday: 51515 (Read 34 times)

evanflein

Carolyn, I was sort of impressed that Midnight didn't seem to even notice the moose, who passed maybe 25 feet above him on the hill. He was too focused looking for more voles! I did try to get both of them (moose and cat) in the picture, but the lighting wasn't good enough. And the worst thing about the moose is she stipped a bunch of my birch tree leaves! These won't grow back, so bare branches for the summer. She did nibble some of the weeds in the upper garden, which is fine by me. But once the garden is planted, stay away!

Nice pic of David and I agree he had an awesome freshman season. All the other runners better watch out for his sophomore year!

And yes, envious of the generous leave policies some have, both in amount awarded and ease of taking. Here we have a generous leave policy especially after 10 years, but the ability to cash out 40 hours was taken away for employees above a certain pay grade (ahem, yes me) and our headcounts are being reduced so already too much to do, and now there will be fewer bodies to do the work. So, yes, I'm just going to have to buck up and take time off and just not get some things done and hope we don't get fined or penalized for missing key compliance measures. Not a problem.

Tselbs, that is one adorable grandson you have! And I agree with Holly, you can see granddad in those eyes!

Cellcom is this weekend? How did I miss that Mikey was going, especially to hear he already did it before? I thought you weren't repeating states.

Good luck in your Tie Dye run this weekend, Holly!

Ok, enough of that. Sorry to have missed so many of you. I sneak on here when I need a break and now, as Mike would say, I gotta go! Will get out for a run later and plan is to leave more or less on time today. Oh, and I am taking next Friday off, but I had to schedule that in January!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I conjured up the biggest wad of spit I could and sent it hurling toward Lambeau's pretty green turf.  All of a sudden, a huge gust of wind came across the field and blew that spit all over my leg!  I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Thanks for picking up our stuff!

the spirits of Curly and Vince don't take kindly to that lack of respect.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

a little interesting tidbit about the runners on the podium in david's pic. #1 and #2 are both seniors and have been rivals for 4 yrs. Shane (our 1st place runner) just about always beats that #2 guy in the 1500 but that #2 has beaten Shane a fair number of times in the 3000m. But they are both graduating now so that hot rivalry is over. But the #3 guy and David are both freshman. #3 usually beats David by a pretty fair margin, but this particular meet yesterday was much closer so I suspect these two will be the next hot rivalry for the upcoming years. It'll be fun to watch.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sadly, we don't get to see the Mariners in their sartorial splendor, as the games are on too durn late for TV to run them.  Sorry how's it going for them, sorta kinda sorry, you know what I mean, tet....

Amy - Sunday's Seattle/B-town finale will be Sunday afternoon here so you should be able to enjoy our predictable self-destruction in after-dinner bliss down in Florida.  We had a nice 1-1 tie in yesterday's opener but, reminiscent of how Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson tossed an interception to the Beanies from first down on the one yard line in February's Superbowl LIX last-minute meltdown for the first time in any football game in history of the world, including peewee leagues, that anyone's tossed an interception instead of letting our league-leading runner have four chances to walk it 36 inches in, the Mariner's centerfielder conveniently dropped an otherwise easy fly out to let the B's take the lead and win the game after all.  oh well.  ps - I am not bitter

ps Mike - be sure to wear a Vikings t-shirt, socks, cap, tattoo, paint your face, etc.

I dare you. You know I would.

and I love the Packers (but not Bret Farve)

just tell 'em you lost a bet

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Hi all. Quick post.

Awesome pictures the last couple of days!

Got a nice 7+ at lunch a little faster than normal so a good surprise.

Confirmation weekend looms so lots of relatives in town. Ribs send over the electrocution plans and I can adjust accordingly. Thanks.

A little leftover pizza and a beer awaits me on the back porch.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I too loved all the pictures from yesterday and today. Tselbs, what happy news to get another one to spoil!  Thomas is a cutie.

Ribs, you need to explain the rest of that story.

I am lucky to get quite a bit of paid vacation, 30 days a year. Our first 6 sick days need to come out of the PTO. Usually I can count on those days as vacation, however, last year when I was off for foot surgery I had to use 6 days, then this year I was sick for a week in February. I have a two week trip to Alaska planned in August so have to plan the rest of the summer carefully so I don't go in the hole.

We have been having some rainy days lately and while I am thankful for it, I just don't care to run in it. Tonight it was just cloudy so I set out to do my long run, 7 miles this week!  I took my phone with and listened to a podcast or two. I learned that the Boston Red Sox have a poet laureate (and thought of Aamos!).  It was a nice evening and my foot didn't hurt as much as it did on Tuesday so that was great. We are headed to Sioux Falls for shopping and dinner out tomorrow. Storms are expected so am glad I got the 7 miles done.

I have a cheap wireless bluetooth headset and armband sleeve for my phone. I think it was $25 on Groupon. I used it tonight and it works OK but I have no idea what bottons to push when I cannot see them. One time I ended up making a phone cal unintentionally.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend and enjoy the Billy Joel concert, MikeE! I should have got tickets for that, darn.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

David is our rock star.

Vacation? I am blessed to have worked with generous companies who gives me a good vacation  comp, but I have had my bad turn with layoff in the last 7 years that starting  Monday  once again I will start with 0 vacation day and regulations to not be able to use any acrued vacation time for 180 day. BLAH... At this rate visiting  my son in Macedonia  in the summer as we had planned for 2 years  is looking  ugly.

OK, running, the Easy Pacer and I  went out for 4 miler this afternoon.  Great run. Then he treated me with a delicious paraguayan mother's day BBQ on my deck. A nice way to end a work chapter and to start a new one In Monday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mariposai, it might be worth asking if you can either use in from of accruing, or just ask for LWOP but aren't all your positions still with the state? I so, your hours should transfer. If not, well it doesn't hurt to ask.

We got up to mid-70's today? Absolutely beautiful evening. I left work a little before 5 and went out on the trail for almost 6 miles. Besides some late afternoon tummy trouble, it was a good run. Just had to stop and walk off some "issues" for a bit before continuing. The worst part was, once I got back to the shower/restroom, I was fine and didn't have any "issues." Figures. Still, it was a great evening.

DH and I went out for pizza and a movie tonight. We saw "Still Alice." OMG what an excellent but very sad movie. Alzheimers is one of my biggest fears. I have no cases in my family though, but not sure how much that matters.