Masters Running

FRIDAY! - Oct. 10 Boomer Runs and Rest (Read 514 times)

evanflein

Aamos you are so funny. Go ahead and spit it out. I'll even do it for you... Woohoo! GO SOX!! There... and I'm not even a fan. Wink I had the most awesome run today. Hard to put my finger on it, I just felt good! After last night's hill run on tired legs, I thought I'd go for easy, but I also wanted 8 miles and was cramming them in my lunch hour. Already told the boss I'd be back late, and he said fine. I've very lucky to have such a boss who supports my running so much. 48F and a little windy, but nice... I'm calling this a tempo run even though McMillan says my tempo pace should be 7:37 to 7:57. These paces are more like what McMillan calls "Steady State Run" pace. The first mile was sort of hilly but the rest is pretty flat. Mile splits: 8:32, 8:07, 8:09, 8:06, 8:11, 8:03, 8:08, 7:59, 8:33 last half mile and part way up the hill back to my office. Then walked the last .25 mile or so as cool down. Warm and sloppy out there, I did overdress for this a bit. Avg HR for the run was 165, which is pretty typical for my just go out and run pace. Never felt like I was pushing it, reminded myself to slow down a couple times and my foot felt ok. Can't beat that!
      Some really good runs out there today. All you masters should all be proud of yourselves! Good luck to all the racers this weekend. It's a big racing weekend with many doing marathons, 20 mile race, half marathons, 10Ks, 5Ks.....good luck to all and I can't wait to read some RRs. A nice easy 4 miler for me this warm afternoon. 82F here in OK. Gonna try to fit some miles in this weekend between football games. Enjoy the weekend, folks! Big grin
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Jealous of the beautiful weather the Victoria Halfers are getting. I think Hen and Marj are running it?? Lopez - have you always been island boy? Have you always been too cold?? I think someone should do experiments on you. Smile Erika - I am always amazed at your runs. I noticed you HR is often pretty high? but the effort isn't? I think most of my easy runs are between 125 and 145. Maybe I need to go a little faster now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

I was born in Puerto Rico to a father who is also from Puerto Rico and a mother who was from Hawai'i. So, yes. If it is below 60, I'm chilly. And if there's any wind at all, I'm shaking like a little dog.

100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 50 wrist barbell curls. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks SR: say hi to Jack for me too, especially if the Spokane Marathon gets takes you up to the top of Bloomsday Hill where he had kind words for me as he always did in the last miles of so many marathons too. I still keep expecting to see him. Maybe we do.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mari - do you get to run the 5K or 10K while you're RD'ing the Autumn Leaf? Is registration still goin' up year-by-year? ps - not that he needs it but he's such a great guy maybe give lynden a head start! Great weather weekend for the RVM I was hopin` to do again too across the straits but it`ll have to be the UW Dawg Dash 10K instead. ps tammy - i think maybe 10m/m pace in your 10K this weekend as practice for the November half mary. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

<waving>>> How are the kids Tall??? Darn it TwoCat...You best be taking care of yourself. Go for it Srlopez!! Sorry to hear f your loss. Rest day today. DW had been leaning on DS to do some of the cooking. He fears making mistakes and has been resistant.. We had a family talk. I told him that his Mom would love it if he lived with is till he's 43...She piped up and said she doesn't ever want him to move out. My response was, "As long as you contribute to the success of the house hold, I don't have a problem with that". Then asked when he'd like to move out...He said, "As soon as possible". I asked, "WHo's gonna feed ya?"..That day he made cookies for the first time and did a greta job. Tuesday, he started dinner before I went for my run...While out, he called his bio dad and asked for advise. Last night, dinner was ready by the time DW and I got home. Sweet.</waving>

SteveP

Top 'O the World!

I had a chance to run the Long Beach Marathon this weekend. Gonna be between 50-70 degrees for that race. I said no. I was going to stay local and do the Halloween Marathon instead. Temps between 40-60. A couple weeks ago, one of my friends from Spokane died. He had lost his battle with leukemia (technically, actually, the chemo caused him bad side-effects - and those got him). As some of you know, this is a condition that I've lived with for a long time, although a slightly different type. SO... I decided I'd go run the Spokane Marathon this weekend. And. It is going to be 25 at the start of the Spokane Marathon. Oh boy. With my island genes, that's gonna hurt. A LOT. It's the right thing to do, but Long Beach... a beach!... sure sounds mo bettah.
                    I'm sooo sorry! {{{{{Robert}}}}} keep warm thoughts & plenty of hot chocolate handy! (running for TNT next wknd...)
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group