Masters Running

Satisfied Saturday (Read 350 times)

Mariposai

Good morning RA family!

Cheers to the racers!

Enjoy every mile life is giving you today.

As for me, no running, but plenty of driving to a state wide board meeting. So my recipe for the day is 2 hours of driving, 6 hours of strategic planning for our organization, then 2 hours of driving back home. I hope to fit in a stop at Costo.

Cheers!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...mornin' mari//.........Drive Safe........

========

28-min poolrun

leg was bugging me,

overdid it on the PT

>>>>>>>>>>>>BigShock<<<<<<<<<<<<<

.................luckily OM

gave me some tips on what I was doing wrong on ThePlanks, so that should help.

(I'll let her

use her Great Line on it)

............running the Infield tomorrow..........ohboyohboy

supposed

to be 35-degrees and Rain

Ask Me If I Care.

.......................................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

OrangeMat

MM #6177

leg was bugging me,

overdid it on the PT

>>>>>>>>>>>>BigShock<<<<<<<<<<<<<

.................luckily OM

gave me some tips on what I was doing wrong on ThePlanks, so that should help.

(I'll let her

use her Great Line on it)

Um, we were talking about Bridge... you're having trouble in Plank too?? oy...

My line? Oh yeah, I said it was an "overachiever" pose ... because it's relatively easy to make the shape, so people think "if I lift [my hips] higher, I'm doing it better" -- not so.

Mari, I was in Costco yesterday, just realized I need to go back, out of those Swiffer wipes... luckily it's only 15 minutes away... happy shopping and hope you get some tasty samples!

Rest day today; slept until 10am, guess I needed it! Just call me the anti-Jay... Wink Tomorrow my 18-mile long run was cut down to only 10, and I'm rather bummed about that. Been very fatigued from my wrist injury and all my assorted boo-boo's... but I've decided I've had enough with taking Aleve twice a day and will switch back to Tylenol, so maybe that will bring me back to my usual sense of energy again. We'll see.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!! Have fun, everyone Smile

......Note to Mentor OM//........nope, I'm doing Bridge as ReversePlank substitute......

basically

it's all Lumber to me.

ark-ark

Yoga Joke

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Hey Y'all

What a gorgeuos day here! First sub freezing temps of the season. Wore a head band to cover up my ears on this mornings run. 9.2 miles.

I'm Jonesing bad for the opportunity to run a race but my schedule isn't allowing it to happen...sigh...

Enjoy the weekend !

OrangeMat

MM #6177

......Note to Mentor OM//........nope, I'm doing Bridge as ReversePlank substitute......

basically

it's all Lumber.

Lumber, ha!

Tramps

You just don't hear many yoga jokes, lumber or otherwise.

The thread title reminded me immediately of the great Mississippi John Hurt who always sounded satisfied.

I'm satisfied, too.  15 .1 miles on a beautiful morning.

Gotta mow before the showers roll in.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good luck to our weekend racers!

Checking in before I hit the trails out at Headwaters with Karen for 8 EZ.  I got to sleep in, too, but only 'til about 7:15.  I'm usually wide awake by 7:00 or earlier these days.

It's official - According to AAA, CA has the highest gas prices in the nation right know.  Oy!  I filled my little car up last week and it was $4.35 for regular.

The dramatic surge came because of a power outage Monday at a Southern California refinery reduced supply in an already fragile and volatile market, analysts said, but the refinery came back online Friday and prices were expected to stabilize by next week.

While prices were higher everywhere in California, there were variances Saturday. Chico had the lowest average price at $4.46, according to AAA, while San Luis Obispo was highest at $4.71. Prices averaged $4.67 in San Diego, $4.66 in the Los Angeles area, $4.55 in Fresno and $4.49 in Sacramento.

Any little thing and we get slammed. And once again Humboldt County is NOT included in the "survey."  We almost always have the highest gas prices.  There are stations around here where is $5/gal.   Our gas bill was already running close to $400 a month (yes, $400.  Shorty needs his truck for the work he's doing and it's not cheap to drive). I'm gonna hate to get the next bill. Undecided

Okay - Off to get ready to run.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

You just don't hear many yoga jokes, lumber or otherwise.

The video at the top of this page didn't work, so I think this is the one that was supposed to be there. The jokes mid-page are quite amusing...

Henrun

Beautiful morning- high 60's before rain returns-leaves turning fall colors. Ran 3 on the Charles. NO PAIN for first time in over a month. Definitely a satisfied Saturday!

King of PhotoShop

Bridge? I thought Buehrle and I were the only bridge players here.  Anyone else play?

Tired and groggy from out of town work and flight home last night, I decided to run today's 15K at a very comfortable pace, and a running buddy from my club ran it with me, so the good news is that he got a 2 minute PR and is very happy.  I ran 1:22:26 which is not a very good time for me at this distance (8:57's) but I got an AG win nevertheless, as there was a fiveK option today also and a lot of runners chose that distance on a raw, windy day.

I didn't mention to you that the Saint is now working part time at a yarn and knitting store, helping her friend who owns it.  I asked her yesterday if she knows what "knit one, purl two" means.  She said of course she does and asked me if I knew what it was.

"It's the final score of the Knit-Purl game."  Spareribs

Tramps

Yoga and knitting humor in the same day. 

Wow.

Be safe. Be kind.

5 miles with my old Running Club...they took me back in...another beautiful fall day in the PNW. Gives me 25 miles for the week.

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

I know, right?  Joking

No run, resting for my big ol' 5K tomorrow.  Feeling alternating hot and chilly this week, so I finally took my temperature and it appears I do have a little bit of something.  There, got myself an extra excuse to perform lousy tomorrow before I've even run the darn thing.  It will be sunny and 70 again all weekend, endless dry and warm California summer we are having here.

Took a 2 hour nap just now, it was decadent.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Some of you have seen this on Facebook so pardon the duplication. I have no photos from the marathon here in St. George because I was busy racing and got a P.R. of 4:08:40!!!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me