Masters Running

Hey! It's Sunday! And this is the Aug 3rd Daily! (Read 43 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, I love the picture of the 3 generations of Toms!  Sounds like a wonderful family gathering.

Mike, let us know when you get the final results!  Yeah, I was also wondering if you beat that guy from your DW's reunion!

I did a 10.5 mile trail run yesterday and 24.6 miles today.  Feeling great!  For today's run, I posted in the FB Front Range Ultra Runners group looking for company for a trail run, and got 2 takers - one guy I've run with before, and one who recently moved here from Nebraska.  We saw a couple other guys on the trail from the group too.  I'm really liking the sense of community with this ultra group, and it's fun to have company sometimes on runs!  Here's a picture from the run of Steve playing king of the hill:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tom, I love the picture with the hats! So when somebody comes up and says "I'm looking for Tom Selby," who points where?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mariposai

Roachrunner () is here, hurrahhh!!!

Fund adventure, wildchild. I miss running in the mountains. It is too smokey and unsafe right now to be out there.

Erika, wildfires are 81% contained, but they are doing a lot of contained fire burns to make sure that all the fuel that is left in the doughnut whole that the fire created is taken care off. Another fire started in the Winthrop area yesterday.

The fire is burning so hot that nothing is left once the fire goes thru an area. I do not like being a downer, but this was my first sight of the burned area yesterday. This is the place where I go skiing and running. I cried for a few minutes.

We are having two couples friends of ours for dinner tonight. Both are victims of the fire. One lost everything, the other one did not loose their home, but are still staying in a hotel until they get electricity and water back to the area.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice run and BB game, Tom.  Are you guys Sr, Jr, III, etc, or just Toms?

Steve--Nothing easy about that.  Nothing easy to say, either.  Just be safe for your family.

9.3 miles on the hills this morning.  Hoping for my first double digits in over a year, but a little sore spot in my knee made think better of it.  Pretty much gone by the time I was done with my shower,  so hopefully an over reaction.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Tom--I really enjoyed reading your post!

My race against DW's classmate is next Saturday in the 10K.

Still no results that I can find.

I did 17.6 miles in 2:30:06.  It was hot out there, today.

And that is it from me.  I am wiped out.

I just reread my post and noticed that I left out one really important detail; I waited for the rain to stop and then went out for my run.   Yeah, yeah I know some detail.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SubDood

My race against DW's classmate is next Saturday in the 10K.

Still no results that I can find.

Mike,

I just saw a post on the MN Senior Games' Facebook page:

"Pickleball and Track Field are completed! We have our qualifiers for the 2015 National Senior . All results will be on our website Monday."

Seems strange that it takes so long.

And what the heck is "pickleball"?

Hey friends - sorry I haven't been good about keeping up here!  Will go back and catch up tho!!

Yesterday's race was great!! It was humid but overcast and so much better than the last time I ran this race in the blistering sun!!  I ran an official 51:31 to give me a .1 second PR from my BAA 10k and this course was much hillier, especially the last mile.  Also quite crowded so I ended up with 6.3 on my Garmin I'm sure from all the zigzagging  - the finish was tight too as it narrows down for a long chute and makes it hard to pull off that last kick!

Oh - and I saw Mainerunnah before the start!!  He looks good but said he is plagued with some knee issues right now so is running but not racing.

I loved meeting Esther Friday morning for a short run - would have loved to spend more time together, but she had an appt with a realtor before they had to drive back to NJ.  Hope all their plans continue to fall into place!!

I am really looking forward to the RA Reach the Beach team - oh I mean the Rosie Ruiz Fan CLub team

Happy Sunday night my friends - I think of all of you often and you inspire me daily!!

Steve P - you will be in my special prayers!

denise

Sayhey! MM#130

Steve, you are and will be in my heart.  One of our duties as PDs was to represent folks in involuntary commitment hearings.  Of course, I got to know some of the families and understood their anguish, along with the quite well founded frustration with the system.

Great mud race, Erika.  Congrats.

Funny, Mike.

Photo illustrates your pain, Nancy.   So sorry to see the impact of the fires.

Hope the concert was fun, Holly.

Loved the Toms and hearing from roch.  Hi Doug!

Have to tell you.  Out running the bridge at dawn today.  The sun rose and then tucked itself neatly behind the sole cloud in the eastern sky.  This was much appreciated as it was 78 when I started out before dawn.  I was listening to tunes (Weekend Edition hadn't started yet).  Just as I was cresting the bridge on my last time over (3 roundtrips, about a mile each way), Jason Mraz was singing: "The world,  as I see it, is a remarkable place" from "It's not hard for me to love you" and the sun broke free of the cloud, highlighting the blues of the sky and river.  That did make the rest of the run hotter and slower, but y'know, that was ok.  15+ slow but appreciated miles.  (My toes still sore from the SF downhills.)

Planning for Monday night.....think I'll try and get some fresh thyme tomorrow and make a new pasta dish.  Raining here so can't take the post supper stroll with DH and Clay is pitching so lots of time this evening to poke around recipes.

Grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Congrats deez, and loved your post, Carolyn.   Looking forward to being in the Black Hills soon.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

so sorry mari, especially when there used to be homes in some of it. I guess there's not much use for charcoaled trees but I hope there might be some way to clear and reforest that beautiful country you have over there that still looks like Washington should.  I'm always in awe, but didn't know how lucky I was, to be able to see the same views up in Frank Maier Marathon country experienced by now five generations since my family's first arrival in 1892.

ps - did fjordrunner fare okay?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Sweet 16 Tramps.

Hi RochRunnner.

I hope the concert was fun, Holly.

What a blast TomS

Wow, Mariposai. 

Tet has been spot on in so many things. I won't hesitate to play the heavy and made that clear from the get go Friday. So far so good, as long as I don't delude myself into a false sense of security. We've had some great moments over the weekend.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

The fun the three generations of us had will be worth any pain I have.

Beautiful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."