Masters Running

Turn over a new leaf - Tuesday 2/5 (Read 51 times)

C-R

Here's hoping Steve gets better and out of the hospital quickly. Batman and Avenger doggie are needed to right the wrongs.

I like cat avatars. Heh.

10k at lunch. Legs seem recovered from Sunday's race. Road trip tomorrow for biz.

Mari's chilli thread had me break out the crockpot. Its spicy and will go well with rice (I learned that one living in Hawaii). Used diced sirloin and some fresh jalo's. Should be good for a cold evening.

Cheers All

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SteveP

Apparently Steve hasn't been feeling well for a while.  There were abnormalities in his EKG and he's having a stress test tomorrow.  (This info posted on FB by his step-daughter asking for thoughts and prayers.)

I imagine he is insisting they find some mini-treadmills for his dogs to run on, with him.

Bill

I'm back home and well. Sorry for any concern there may have been. As light headed as I've gotten, I quit lurking some time last week. My temp had been between 95.9F and 96.7F.  When I finally told my boss that I was leaving to see the Dr, he said, "if the Dr tells you to take the day off, you better get a f****ing 2nd opinion". Two co workers heard that. Out of curiosity, the Dr ran and EKG used the word "weird" and I wound up in ER. I've never used my heart...sheesh. Every health care professional I've seen has used the "Weird" word, so it didn't change my blood pressure. After a night full of tests and the stress test (no doggie sized dreadmills) I got booted out and it looks like I had a low temp viral infection, which I've never heard of before.

SteveP

Henrun

I'm back home and well. Sorry for any concern there may have been. As light headed as I've gotten, I quit lurking some time last week. My temp had been between 95.9F and 96.7F.  When I finally told my boss that I was leaving to see the Dr, he said, "if the Dr tells you to take the day off, I better get a f****ing 2nd opinion". Two co workers heard that. Out of curiosity, the Dr ran and EKG used the word "weird" and I wound up in ER. I've never used my heart...sheesh. Every health care professional I've seen has used the "Weird" word, so it didn't change my blood pressure. After a night full of tests and the stress test (no doggie sized dreadmills) I got booted out and it looks like I had a low temp viral infection, which I've never heard of before.

Steve, runners get "weird" findings. I've had the same response. Fortunately my primary is aware of it and assures me I'm not a "sickie".

Did 4 miles this morning and ended up circling Fenway Park as the equipment trucks started packing Red Sox gear for Florida. A sure sign of spring!

After my run had another acupuncture session- it's helping tremendously, Jay. Will do one more next week.

Mariposai

CR- I opted in making the one with sirloin and the jalapeno as well. I made mine on Sunday, I froze it and now I will have to just defrost it for tomorrow's chili contest. BTW, it seems like my chili will be going to the office without me since I was diagnosed yesterday having bronquitis and pneumonia (double ouchie) and I am staying home today and tomorrow to heal up. I am really, really looking forward to feeling my normal self again soon, but then again...this is just temporary sickness, I can't complaint.

Henrun and Jay, it is good to ready that you are getting help with the acupuncture.

Spareribs, great picture of your nephew yesterday. It looks like he was having a blast. He is the one who will be running Boston with you, right?

Batman, we are so glad to see you are OK. Now, please take it easy, regardless of what the boss says Smile/

Karin, it is very, very good to see you here. Speaking of race plans, I finally settled for the marathons I am planning to run this year. It sure feels good to have that list for inspiration.

Well, no running for me at all, but since laying down hurts, I decided to stand up and slowly work on my spice center. I am very pleased with the result!  Now I also have a list of all my spices in Springpadit for easy access anywhere. This should save me a lot of money by not purchasing spices I already have!!! Thanks twocat for the suggestion! That was fun!!

Enkephalin, how are you? When are you and the kiddos going to Arizona?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

it looks like I had a low temp viral infection, which I've never heard of before.

Well, that sounds like a special virus for a special guy.......Wink

Glad you're home, and I hope you feel better soon.  I can think of a lot of choice words for your boss, Angry  ...but then I'd have to put money in the swear jar.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Chilli update - It was 3 alarm hot. Made everyone sweat a little. DS1 asked what I added and I mentioned that I added 3 fresh jalo's. He said that was like running up the score. Loved it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Really glad you're okay, Steve...your dog might have missed you...

Well...Ryan went back to school, today, so I had to run by myself.  Man, I miss that kid, already.  Anyway, I went 12.2 miles in 1:30:00.  With about 4 miles to go, I looked at my watch and thought..."Hmm...I wonder if I can get under 1:30."  So, I picked up the pace and that's what I got...of course, I actually had 4.2 miles to go.

My dang forum format is still messed up.  I don't have a split screen thing anyplace like Stumpy suggested.  I turned my computer off...I thought that fixed everything.  I even paid my 10 bucks to Eric, thinking maybe he was messing with us freeloaders.  Nothing worked.  I guess, I'll have to have my SIL come over and help me...again.

I kind of miss those ads...they let me know when I was getting to the last post.

Okay--I gotta go to bed.

Steve is back and everything is "normal" again. Smile

What do you get when you cross a squirrel with a cat?  I'm not sure, but I'm looking for the avatar.

I'm waiting for the granola to cool so I can add the dried fruit and go to bed.  Someday I'll be totally caught up in here.    . . . . . Today is not the day.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

arf

MM #405

" Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality....... if you can dream it, you can make it so "      Ralph Waldo Emerson

my favorite quote of all time.

Leslie, Holly is right, i see two cat faces there.

Steve - so glad you're OK and your boss is a Turd!!!!!!

- no run just an hour of cycling.

good night all

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My dang forum format is still messed up.  I don't have a split screen thing anyplace like Stumpy suggested.

Hey Mike.  Me too still.

very frustrating.

Stevebat - Glad you’re just weird.

I never would have guessed.

Speaking of whar arf said about your boss, I told my three-and-a-half yo grandson I’d check with my friend’s dog Avengie or his human Noah about why dogs don’t have to use the bathroom or any tp.  Thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Steve, runners get "weird" findings. I've had the same response. Fortunately my primary is aware of it and assures me I'm not a "sickie".

Abnormal isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sampson had abnormal strength. Warren Buffet has an abnormal bank account. I have abnormal friends. Batman has a sweet ride.

SteveP

Dave59

The forum did seem to go through a facelift recently.  Are you guys with a formatting problem running an older version of your browser or maybe some weird browser.  The pictures posted here recently had an "N" in the address bar.  Is that Netscape?   The forum could be using newer coding that isn't supported on old browsers.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The forum did seem to go through a facelift recently.  Are you guys with a formatting problem running an older version of your browser or maybe some weird browser.  The pictures posted here recently had an "N" in the address bar.  Is that Netscape?   The forum could be using newer coding that isn't supported on old browsers.

thanks davve.  once I plow down the messy lsiting mikee copy/posted the other day finally to be able to click on the current daily, ilene's intrepid, wildchild's monthly, etc. it's the same convenient poster-by-poster format.  the left side of the top  bar (community, etc.) seems the same, e.g. when I click on forums, the masters and barefoot ones I have signed up for  pop but when I click on them and get there, it all be comes messy again.

However, the "options" link on the right side no longer provides access to my profille, statistics, etc but, instead of easy-to-read black-and-white, uses such dark background colors with non-contrasting print that it's hard to read what they are all about (like all the color pages in running magazines nowadays that don't use much black ink printing anymore but yellow print with an orange background or something else that is rather miserable to read).

I'm not very literate with regard to browsers but believe I have access to the internet through AOL dial-up.  Next to the insert  on my laptop for the telephone line is a plug-in for what they call a LAN cable that provides convenient internet connection almost wherever I am in Japan (hotels, internet cafe, bullet train, etc., . . . almost everywhere but in the onsens and top of Mt. Fuji it seems.). I've never seen it over here though

I"m kind ot foo busy this week to want to spend hours-and-hours tryling to revert back to RA's convenient former format but it is getting to be so frustrating that I kind of dread checking in now-and-then as the break I used to look forward to from the reality of what I'm really using my computer for so any advice would be appreciated.

ps - I like the ads too and have not paid the $10 mikeE did to get rid of them.  Sorry MikeE, but glad to hear it didn't make a diffierence. Do you still have dial-up too?  My e-mail used to be free on juno, kind of like why should I train all the time to run 26.2 miles faster than I can without training, I am not will ing to pay extra for speedy internet connections just so Ii can see everything, pictures, etc. faster and faster, especially when the library around the corner gives two hours of high speed connection a day on their computers to anyone who needs it.

thanks if you can help but it's okay otherwise.

Shikata ga nai / que sera sera / oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave - all the colors of the the new options link show up in the pre-posting window but the colors seem to have gone away in the final post (at least on my dial-up).  The same thing sometimes happens for pictures I can't see in posts but other that I can sometimes see if I click on the "quote" option to see their actual underlying post. That's okay though as I'm not about to sign up for highspeed internet just to see pictures faster so I'll just live with it. too bad.