Masters Running

Wed. 15 July (Read 36 times)

Late afternoon run - took a short walk break and was sweating up a storm, when a butterfly landed on me and used me as a salt lick - apparently butterflies also like turtle tears. Who knew? Or maybe Mariposai traveled here at warp speed to give me some encouragement???

Holly - my only advice is to relax and try to enjoy as much of your vacation as possible. That being said - car trouble on vacation really stinks!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Son Tom, Daughter in Law Amy, and new grandson Colin.  everybody is fine.

Holly, the car problem really sucks.  I don't have any car advice but my thoughts are with you and your family as you deal with this issue.  I hope you can enjoy the reunion in spite of this.

TomS

holly//..sounds like the Round Trip is your best option

ETA-

Beautiful Baby tselbs

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

THIS is the post of the day! Colin is so adorable.

Thanks for sharing it with us, grandpa Tom.

Son Tom, Daughter in Law Amy, and new grandson Colin.  everybody is fine.

Holly, the car problem really sucks.  I don't have any car advice but my thoughts are with you and your family as you deal with this issue.  I hope you can enjoy the reunion in spite of this.

TomS

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

HermosaBoy

Congrats TomS!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

So THAT's what a fresh baby Selbs looks like! Adorable! Congratulations to the happy parents and the delighted grandparents!

Leslie, I think I've heard that TED talk before. Truly incredible. That's where she describes the stroke as it's happening, right? Will have to go listen later. Best wishes for your dad, and you and your brother. Caregiving is hard and heartwrenching, as you've found out.

Enke, yes, I think we all stretch out and relax when lying down. I thought we were exactly the same height at 5' 8.5"? I always thought I was 5'10" because I always measured that height in school (school nurse said so!), but maybe I've shrunk in the past 30 years or so...

{{Holly and Jim}} sorry about the car woes. It's bad enough when it happens at home, but while traveling on vacation? That really bites. I hope you can make it home, but that's another load of stress no one needs. Sorry...

Turtle tears? I've never seen a sweaty turtle, but it sounds like butterflies like them!

After yesterday was such a really icky day (I turned on the heat on the way home!), today was really very nice! No smoke, sunny skies with a few big puffy clouds, no wind, really pretty! I got out for 7.3 miles with the last 4 at tempo paces (7:58 to 7:44 stuff). Felt good after yesterday's dreary treadmill trudge. Got an 8k race on Saturday, so just easy stuff tomorrow and Friday. And the forecast for Saturday is rain. Lovely!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--I am really sorry about your car problems.  I wish I had a good answer for you.

Congratulations Tom!  Very cute grandson!  Glad everybody is fine.

Speaking of grandkids...4 of my granddaugters...on 3 different teams and age groups...won their league championships and qualified for the state tournament.  They went out to celebrate....

As for me--I went 10.4 miles in 1:13:43.  6 miles at 6:33 pace.  Worked way too hard.

Okay--that's it--pizza is here--gotta go!  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Then got up and used a measuring tape to see the distance.  5'10".  I ALWAYS thought I was 5'8 3/4".  What a shock!  My whole life has been a lie!  I never knew I was 5'10",

I tried it supine on the floor too but the two inches I’ve lost

since getting old were nowhere to be found.

Now I know why.

ps Holly - maybe call AAA and sign up for their road service,

then nurse it back on the back roads.  Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Another Selbs!!! Yay!!!

A seminar after a long run TwoCat? Good Luck.

prayers to you family, Leslie.

Rob, I did my fair share of cold calling.

good for you, Doug.

(((((Holly & Family))))). Oh my gosh.

MikeE, those kids are adorable!

Two miles after work.

SteveP

SteveP

bad news Holly, there have been a couple of Class A Bigfoot sightings in your area.

SteveP