Masters Running

Sunday's too short of a weekend daily. (Read 32 times)

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

After two more trips to the hardware store and a very lucky run-in with a professional plumber who showed me exactly what I needed--I got my sink drain repaired.   DW thinks I'm a genius.

DW thinks you are a genius, keep it that way.

My DH is thinking right now that I am a genius at bargain shopping on line, In 2 hours of cyber shopping this afternoon I am done with Christmas presents for son number 1 and 2 and I saved over $700 to the family coffer. Feeling good!!!!

Holly, I am glad you did go out to enjoy the evening tonight. My rule is this...if my DH suggested an outing you go without questions ask. They come very handy when you want to do something . Besides, you had a chance to taste a bottle of wine that perhaps you may never purchase. BTW, Chateau Saint Michelle is a very nice winery. We are proud of them, they  in Washington State. Good wine, not too expensive.

Ohhh about Running, I did run 8.5 miles this afternoon with an hour with my having my gracious RP with me. Call me lucky.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

did you all know its Monday, tomorrow?  See ya!

thanks for the reminder, Mike - NOT.

There was a Sasquatch figure on a local trail run T-shirt this summer that, since Sasquatch doesn't wear shoes, neither do some of the runners, . . . well, actually, I was the only one who didn't.   Some of the polaroid photo booths around here have Sasquathes in their backdrop options too. A lot easier than a trail run but not as much fun.

/./

what are wild and ziggy doing this weekend?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Also, be picky!  Very picky!  Very, very picky!  If the wine drink is not absolutely fabulous after two sips dump it!  At the whiskey show my friends and I are ruthless.  Anything we do not absolutely love goes in the bucket.  There are too many great whiskey's to get fall on the fall drunk because we over imbibed in less stellar creations.  Same with a wine tasting.  It does not matter how expensive the bottle is.  Do you like it?  No?  Into the bucket!

Good advice!  And yes, I survived with minimal damage, drinking lots of water, eating from the buffet, and having just small sips of wine.

Mariposa - the history of this is that, in the spring we went to a wine tasting that lasted 3 hours (way too long, I think) and I got pretty tipsy by the end.  DH ridiculed me mercilessly in the days afterward, laughing about how smashed I was, and I swore to him that I would NEVER, EVER attend a wine event like that with him again.  This was what I had in mind when kept refusing him about last night's event.  And, while I felt obligated to go because he had bought the darn tickets and begged me to, there was no way I was going to overindulge.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."