Masters Running

Nobody else wanted to do the Sunday, July 19th daily? (Read 32 times)

It has been too long time since I stopped in here and I sure do miss you guys! I know it’s OK to post when you’re not running, but it’s just not the same. I will try to catch up here.

Happy anniversary Rob,

Hope the inspection went well and you get to close the deal as planned, Dave.  Wildchild, I think you have had a long enough week, whew! I would love to work from home, but that is not an option.

We just got back from a camping trip to Okoboji, Iowa, just 35 minutes from here. My secret plan was to run the half marathon on Saturday, but have not been doing much running as of late. I will spend the $50 on a pedicure instead! It was so hot that the people camping in a tent next to us were only there 2 hours on Friday night before they packed up and went to a hotel. I wanted to go see the start of the triathlon but 7am is too early for me. There is a 10K and a full marathon too. Aamos, didn’t you run the marathon one year? We did bike the 6 miles over to Arnold's Park to see some of the later finishers. After biking to some shops and an RV dealer we biked past the last man running the marathon. We encouraged him and he started rambling about how he had to finish and how many marathons he has done and twenty five years ago,,,,,, blah, blah.

We biked another 15 today and had a picnic at the beach. MrStarr needs to scrub the camper and truck. He drove through some liquid pig manure on the way out of town. Man did that stink! We went through a car wash but it needs more attention, yuck!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Starruns, thanks for posting today. We do care and love to hear about all our friends.

YEAH, you lurking friends....stop by and say hi.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

You’re the Julie Andrews of the Mazamas, except better.

Erika - there’s five timing mats:

1. exiting the water and run up to the fenced transition area

. . . . the first transition (T-1) to retrieve bikes

2. exit from the transition area to mount bikes for the cycle

3. returning on the bike to the transition area again (T-2)

4. another timing mat when exiting the transition area for the run

5. Finish mat at the end of the run.

Results usually have times, paces and place for swim, bike and run legs plus times for T-1 and T-2.

It’s kind of like baseball statistics finally being able to figure out some favorable combination for the day’s work.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Personally, I enjoy the "eew gross" runs.

Congrats, Rob!!! Being hitched rocks.

Oh, Nancy, tag and I want to run there.

The dog and I got 4 1/2 sticky miles in.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I hiked to Maple Pass today. One of my "Must do each summer" Yeap, we were really high up and loved every second of it.

I'm afraid i don't see a single maple in Maple pass.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.