Masters Running

My 1st HM: Colorado HM, Ft Collins.... (Read 249 times)

Top 'O the World!

Any news on the baby?
    It's a Boy!! Tues, May 6 @ 6:17pm 8lbs, 8.2 ozs, 21" = all legs!! GP is still having trouble loading/fwding pics!LOL!
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Wooohooo! Way to go on your first half marathon, Cindy! You have every right to be very pleased with your performance. I love your Ipod playlist - nice mix. Congratulations on setting such a good example for your husband - looks like he is trainable ;-). Good luck to both of you in the 10K!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

PJH

Cindy - congrats on your first HM! Great race report and pics too. It sounds like you're now hooked!! Good luck with your next 10K. PJ

Manchild

Cindy, nice job! There's not much like the feeling of accomplishment after one's first HM, is there!? You are well on your way to your M and good luck, don't ever look back! Chris
            Nice job Mtnchk! Great race and a very entertaining RR! Loved the pics.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Beer tent? Why do they never have beer tents at the races I run? Big grin Congratulations on your first HM! Great job! As for the "inopportune bowel movements," when I was approaching the finish at the Flying Pig recently, I passed a man who had had that dilemma. Poor guy. Anyone who runs marathons would be understanding about such things, though. What can you do? When you're pushing your body that hard in an endurance event, it can happen. Hopefully you find a port-o-pottie or nice set of bushes when nature calls, but not everyone is so lucky.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."