Masters Running

Thursday, 4.21.16 (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

Busy week for my butterfly wings because the Omak Orchards in Bloom is this weekend. 5 miles this morning to enjoy the fresh air.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

If I had any idea training was so complicated,

I wouldn't except I already don't.

Good luck.

Have fun.

So I've been struggling with my schedule for these upcoming marathons. I wanted to do three 20 mile runs on alternate Sundays with the last one on May 8, two weeks out from Green Bay. That's my usual schedule, and as late as mid-March I was going along not really thinking too much about it. But then I got out the calendar to schedule these runs, and damn if it isn't just one thing after another! Second long run is this Sunday. Oops, I'll be in San Antonio for a conference. But I get in Saturday night (after flying all day Saturday) and I really don't want to get up to run long in an unfamiliar place in unfamiliar heat (and probably humidity). So, I thought well I can do it Friday after work, just leave mid-afternoon and get it done. Crap, I have a health care committee meeting that goes until 4, and there's always followup and I'll have to stick around for that because I leave that night. So... still thinking do it Friday, just be done by 8 pm. Today's run was good till last half mile when some ankle pain hit suddenly. It feels better now, but really don't think I should stress it with 20 miles tomorrow afternoon. So.... back to Sunday in TX. DH agrees we can make this work, then I check the weather forecast and wouldn't you know it.... Sunday morning is thunderstorms! Great! So, we'll see what happens.

Then (the saga continues) the last 20 miler is May 8. Hey, that's Mother's Day! And my DS1's commencement! No way am I putting him through college and then miss that! So... do it Saturday? Nope, that's our first 5k of the series and I want to do well in that. So that kills Friday, too. Do the 5k, and then finish the 20? Yeah, right. Not gonna happen. I can see a crash coming with that plan. So, I guess I'll get up early and crank out my 20, get cleaned up and off to DS1's commencement by a little after noon. I can do that, right?  <says the oh-so-not-a-morning-runner>

Ok, whiney rant off. Just had to vent about that.

5.2 miles tonight, in 25 mph winds and with a cranky ankle the last half mile.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

I'm glad you uncranked your ankle, Jay.

Tet, your posts make me think too often. I've met one of the co-writers of Heartbreak Hotel.

My step-sister had numerous pictures of a back stage event and after concert party with Prince. In the 80's she had a penchant for playing dress up. Thankfully she outgrew it. The news made me think of Deez's son and his recent struggles.

Erika, whatever your schedule allows, I hope it's joyful.

I hope I remember to call the hospital directly. I'd like to talk with one of Dad's care providers.

MTA: Thank you for the article, Amy.

SteveP