Masters Running

July Masters Miles (Read 44 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Time to post your mileage and and any PRs and AG awards for July!  Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers.  Hope you all had a good month!

This is me running up Ptarmigan Peak a few weeks ago.  Colorado summers are awesome!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

July:

173.8 mi

Highest monthly miles in 2015.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Sayhey! MM#130

338 in July

no marathons

Grandmaster ($25 gift card!) at Eagle Lakes in Naples (FL, not Italy) 5k July 25.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Gorgeous!!  I'm not sure how much running I would be doing--too busy gawking at the scenery.

Not a great total, but trending in a positive direction--76.5 miles for July.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

HappyFeat

192 miles in July

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hi!

I'd love to run in the mountains!

July not bad at 347 miles and nothing is sore!

2015: 2333 miles

run streak: ran everyday for 1809 days covering 15,027 miles... so far....

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Walk-Jogger

30.7 running miles for July - nearly triple my June mileage!

No races. I'm still doing physical therapy for some hip and leg issues, and making some progress finally. Also doing a lot of biking which has helped keep and even build on my aerobic fitness without the pounding of running.

Retired &  Loving It

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - beautiful!

134.9 miles for July

1008 miles ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BlazinCajun

Beautiful scenery

July: 208.4

2015: 1,296.7

Weight: lost 4.5 lbs

Set new trail 10k PR, lowest weight since before college.

Andrew
                    ------------------
                    God, my Lord, is my strength;
                    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                    and enables me to go upon the heights.
                    Hb 3:19

evanflein

227.3 for July (a prime if you round down that .3!)

1511.1 for YTD

Two races, no PRs (but came really close in that 8k), but both were AG wins.

HermosaBoy

270.3 for July

1768.8 YTD

One 5k race -- not a PR, but it was a pretty good age graded score.  Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  July was all about the National Senior Games for me...where I didn't quite perform to the level that I had hoped I would.  But...I managed a 3rd and a 5th place finish.  Oh well--got that crap out of my system--and am ready to get back into marathon training.

July: 176

2015: 1134

SubDood

Thanks, wildchild! Beautiful picture.

283.6 mi for July

1,664.1 mi for 2015

Grandmaster at Afton Trail Run 25K (and a $125 check for USATF MN Masters Trail Champion).

5K PR.

101 miles for July. A nice, round, PRIME number! 710 YTD

Thanks Carolyn - another awesome picture!

wildchild

Carolyn

July miles:  232.6,  which rounds to 233, which is prime!   That was totally by accident, since my final runs on the 31st were two legs of a relay, and I didn't know beforehand exactly when I'd be running or how long my runs would be.

I also did one race, a trail 10k, and was 1st in my AG out of 3, and 3rd woman overall, out of 20!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.