Masters Running

Recipe help - Jalepeno jelly (Read 12 times)

I have a request for a tried and true recipe for jalapeño jelly. I have an abundance of peppers, but hardly any tomatoes and I thought I would try to make some this year.  Twocat? Spareribs? Mariposai?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

What?!  You don't think I know a good jalapeno jelly recipe?!  It's because I'm short, isn't it?  You don't think short people know anything about jalapeno jelly do you?  Oh--I know what it is--it's because I was born in Japan, isn't it?  Yeah--I thought so.  You know, we Japanese born Americans know more than you might think we do!  Now...what we were talking about?  Jalapeno what?  Jelly?  Sorry, I buy Smucker's.  You know, with a name like Smucker's it has to be good.  I've never even heard of jalapeno jelly.  But it has nothing to do with me being short or being born in japan.

Marathon Maniac #957

I don't have a recipe, but last night at a friend's house, we had jalapeño jelly over brie cheese with crackers and it was delicious...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."