Masters Running

Still Diggin' Out Sunday......... (Read 39 times)

That was one odd storm. The further south, the more snow you got. We ended up with 13.5" according to the official records. South of us on Long Island (not that far away) they got 30"! Maybe you get differences like that in the rockies or Sierra mountains, but typically not here. I do have to hand it to my town's snow crew. The roads are already cleared to the blacktop. With the weather warming up by week's end it looks like the whole mess will be gone by next Saturday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

moebo

Huh? 

Are you kidding?  Up top I had on a short sleeve shirt, arm warmers, then a pullover long sleeved shirt (Brookings marathon!) with those thumb holes so the sleeves stay put over the gloves (Runners Marathon of Reston), which I lost one of in the 3 miles I ran post race.

I guess that's what happens when you move to Florida, even if you're a native Northerner!  

Sorry about the glove, and about the Patriots' loss, too. I have to admit that I was rooting for the Broncos because:

1) I love Peyton Manning and want him to have a chance to win another Super Bowl. It doesn't seem fair that less-talented Eli has two rings when Peyton only has one!

2) My BF is a lifelong Jets fan (I know what you're thinking, but he has no choice, he's from Flushing...) so the Patriots are a natural enemy in our house. Though I do admit we are both a little stunned that the Patriots will not be playing again this year. 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The twocat-posie clan have a rendezvous at the end of February to run a twocat birthday celebration marathon. He is still not able to run .

Is tewkat komin’ out here so maybe

someone or two might join you two too?
        Does ilene know?
        Yes dave, even though I knew one of the shoveling casualties from a winter storm back there about twenty years ago, me too, lovin’ shoveling snow so much I almost always, well, always, used to do the house next door too when I was a kid, . . .well, my parents told me to but somehow it stuck. Looks like GS has it too as, after DD quarter mile boardwalk over a little indent of the lake adjacent lake was slippery with ice, wanted to go over and break it up in the warming rain.
        Because I knew what my DD would say if GS came back and said he had walked onto the lake, even though the ice was still more than a foot thick, I wouldn’t let him, . . . and didn’t tell him that someone <<<(that would be me)>>> had been there earlier in the morning for some ice skate almost like water skiing with a about a half-inch of rain on the top. Of course, I stayed close to the shoreline.
        ps - the Cub Scouts’ Pinewood Derby was three timed runs with two other different cars each time along a 32', three-lane track starting with a five foot long, four foot high ramp. GS got two firsts and a third but a lot of the other heats included some fast cars so he was way out of the running but got a certificate for the “Best Sports Theme” with his Seattle Seahawks racer. Oh, maybe that’s why he didn’t win

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

15 miles on my bike with lots of hills like First Hill.  Wish I had just one more lower gear like on my mountain bike for some of those.

A rare sunny and fairly warm day - after what seemed like weeks and weeks of rain and gloom.  More tired now than I expected.  Would like to run tomorrow morning....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Good news about surviving each other TW.

Wildchild sure is tough.

10K on a treadmill is nothing to sneeze at.

This is my favorite picture from yesterday's trek.

DW passed on an outing. I was sekritly happy. Though we have different goals, she gets her feelings hurt if we have different adventures.

The road was impassable so we went over a mile to the trail-head.

Crossing the stream can be a little tricky.

Off the beaten path, there is a whole lot of serenity.

We got 4.5 miles in...Happy Happy.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

ps - the Cub Scouts’ Pinewood Derby was three timed runs with two other different cars each time along a 32', three-lane track starting with a five foot long, four foot high ramp. GS got two firsts and a third but a lot of the other heats included some fast cars so he was way out of the running but got a certificate for the “Best Sports Theme” with his Seattle Seahawks racer.

Well done!

SteveP - lovely pics!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."