Masters Running

Wed Sep 17 Runs and Workouts (Read 492 times)

Yesterday I picked up my new pair of New Balances that Marj had won at our 5K on Sunday. Certificates were given to 1st place division winners only along with a certificate for dinner at a local restaurant. (I had won a pair in the past-but only placed 4th this time). Marj can't wear N.B.'s-so she gave me the certificate. But I had given her a shoe certificate I had won at a local race in July-so it was a fair exchange.
    Pshew, so glad for that fair exchange, otherwise it might be an issue on the Boomer Board of [drumbeat] can our Premier Couple's marriage can be saved! [Anyone else recall that Ladies Home Journal Column of yesteryear??] grins, A ps: am sad to see politics making us divisive...I have strong political views, but value everyone here for our shared comeraderie about running. Surely as the elder types, we can find a way to live with our differences and share and celebrate our common joy in running? Come back, Broger!!!
    Masters 2000 miles
      sorry to read about some of the turmoil here -- i just wish politics were more civilized in general -- hate all the bashing done by both sides in political campaigns me - well, my back has been acting up the last 2 days - not sure why - i did run 2 days in a row but they were both at an easy pace and only a 4 mile sunday and 5 mile monday - so frustrating!! i did get to see my youngest son compete in his first race ever today -- so fun -- the team finished very strong!! he did well - thought maybe he'd finish a little sooner but was his first race and i'm glad he didn't go out so strong that he crashed in the end -- it was a 2.7 mile race that he completed in 20:05 very decent for my baby!! my 18 yr old also showed up to watch him and to see his gf who is still a jr on the team -- nice to see him for whatever reason!! hope my back feels less less stiff and painful tomorrow so i can go out for an easy run myself - nite!!

denise