Masters Running

wed 1-22-14 daily (Read 42 times)

.....sorry to hear that ribbs//.......you're in Our Prayers

...We may not be Inspirations,

but

we got Some ToughOldGeezers in here.....

{{{ lamerunner}}}}...........yeah, those hurt like hell, move easy

Most definitely concur . . . except for the part about not being an inspiration.  The "Old Geezers" are some of my biggest inspirations and I thank you.

I've been running and working out, just not posting.

Are most of you getting hit with this new winter storm coming in?  We, unfortunately, are still having beautiful weather with no precipitation in sight through the rest of January.  California is now in its worst drought in 100 years.  I remember the drought that hit in the 70's.  Everyone was allotted X-units of water based on the number in your household.  No showers, just bathing in about an inch of water, then dipping that out to water a couple of mom's plants.  No flushing to toilet unless absolutely necessary: If it's yellow,  let it mellow.  If it's brown, flush it down.  In other words, don't poop unless you absolutely have to!  It's going to be a horrible fire season if things don't turn around soon.  California also has a very large agriculture base that's being severely threatened.  Not good, not good at all.

I have one more PT appointment.  Things are definitely on the right track, so I just gotta keep up with the exercises.

Saturday I'm running my first local race in probably 4 or 5 years - the Clam Beach Run.  Hopefully, I'll be meeting up with some local folks I've been chatting with online.  I'd sure like to find another running partner, at least to run with once in awhile.  The course is beautiful, with the last 2 or 3 miles (?) run on the beach.  I'm taking my little camera and have no expectations except to have fun, so I'll be able to post some pics.

Was awakened this a.m. by one of the worst cat fights two of ours have every gotten into.  It like a black and white ball of fury.  I had to go after them with the broom.  I briefly brought up the idea of finding another home for Mr. Mr., but Shorty wouldn't hear of it.  Mr. is the center of the problem in that he and Goofy absolutely hate each other, and Chico can't stand him either and goes after him once in awhile, but the Goofy/Mr. relationship is the worst, and personally, I don't think it's good for any of the cats.  Obviously I wouldn't just get rid of him, but find a good home for him, but I doubt Shorty will agree - at least not right now.  Keeping fingers crossed no one bit anybody bad enough for abcesses to form.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

((Ribs))

Almost 5 years ago a biopsy revealed a low grade cancer of the bladder. I have been followed very closely ever since and there has been no recurrence. I can more than empathize with what you're going through. Good luck with whatever treatment option you choose.

wildchild

Carolyn

Ribs, cancer sucks.     Good luck with the treatment.

I'm slowly getting used to running at altitude again.  7 miles today around the neighborhood, 30°F and sunny.  It felt marginally less like a slog than the past 2 days runs, and they were both down in town which is 4,000 ft lower than home.  I'll be leaping tall buildings in a single bound before you know it!  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I don't have a lot of time but...Ribs--I have heard that if a guy is going to get cancer, prostate cancer is the best to get...but I can't imagine how I would handle that news...I know I would not handle it as well as you.  I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I ran, tonight, too.

Okay--it's bedtime.  See ya.

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to you ohh wiseone!

6 miles this morning under perfect running weather. It was dark, crispy and relaxing.

Busy day today and busier yet tomorrow due to some heavy duty traveling and meetings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...We may not be Inspirations,

but

we got Some ToughOldGeezers in here..... 

TW - ribs does a pretty good job too but you have been the most inspirationous for my running since my knee went bad in February 2009.

In fact, I bla..., I mean give you credit for each and every of some 4,000,000 steps in nearly 2,000 miles, including 58 marathons in the last five years.  Thank you.

Ps - bregario has it right.

/

Erika - biggest cities by area is a hokey statistic as it seems to include city and county governments (boroughs for some reason up there) that consolidate to eliminate the duplication each other’s services for pretty much the same residents. It’d be more interesting, if not meaningful, to have size rankings by state, county/borough and city/town categories.

I guess F-banks must still have both.

http://education.randmcnally.com/classroom/action/getABNArchive.do?showSingleAnswer=true&abnQuestionId=0038

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

My thoughts and prayers are with you Ribs.

SteveP