Masters Running

Winter Running in Alaska (Read 409 times)

King of PhotoShop

I posted this link on my club's website, and one responder asked how you keep your feet warm. Anything special you do? Spareribs
    evanflein

Feet are interesting. I usually wear one pair of socks, Smartwool hiker socks. Usually I find that my feet stay warm as long as I keep moving. Wind is a problem, because it goes right through the mesh shoes and socks, but we don't have much wind here. As long as I keep my core warm (hence the wool or fleece vest as first layer), it's almost like my "thermostat" opens up and I can feel my feet warm up. I get concerned if I'm out for more than a couple miles and my toes are still cold... Similar to cross-country skiing... those ski boots usually aren't well insulated, and I don't remember being able to wear more than one pair of socks in them. But as long as your body/core stays warm, your extremities will too. Within reason, of course. Sometimes it just gets to be too much and it's time to go inside! Wink

jfa

Thanks Erika! Shocked for setting the bar.Unless it goes below -33*, I have nothing to complain about!