Masters Running

Thu Nov 6 Runs and Workouts (Read 543 times)

evanflein

What I find even funnier - Erika - is that you didn't notice after you were done and posed for those pictures!! Big grin
    Just goes to show I was really out of it. The cameraman was telling me to pose... too bad all those pictures are so dark. Enke... Loin cloth! Ha, that's funny. Ok everyone, race report is posted. It's a long sordid story, but I used my whole lunch hour to compose it! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - is Seattle a practical option for you?
      It is now Smile I live in Indiana Tammy...home of the "wanna be" comedians Big grin " I'm bringing a single friend"... hummmm - do tell more. If she is 1/2 as perrrty as you, WOW Wink Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

good grief Tim - is your eyesight going bad? Are you getting me confused with hawt Erika?? < this is me tim - gnarly plain jane runner girl. but yes, my friend is very pretty - 5'9", slender, legs i'm envious of, medium long naturally wavy dark brown hair. . . i better check on the boyfriend situation . . . i don't want to pull a "ribs" on ya :o this="" is="" me="" tim="" -="" gnarly="" plain="" jane="" runner="" girl.="" but="" yes,="" my="" friend="" is="" very="" pretty="" -="" 5'9",="" slender,="" legs="" i'm="" envious="" of,="" medium="" long="" naturally="" wavy="" dark="" brown="" hair.="" .="" .="" i="" better="" check="" on="" the="" boyfriend="" situation="" .="" .="" .="" i="" don't="" want="" to="" pull="" a="" "ribs"="" on="" ya=""></ this is me tim - gnarly plain jane runner girl. but yes, my friend is very pretty - 5'9", slender, legs i'm envious of, medium long naturally wavy dark brown hair. . . i better check on the boyfriend situation . . . i don't want to pull a "ribs" on ya :o>

Tammy

dg. here's the scoop from a couple of points near Spearfish at around 1 pm: SD State Snow Depth SNOTEL Station Reports Station Snow Depth Max Temp Min Temp Elevation Observed Blind Park 30.5 in 34.9° F 21.6° F 6890 ft 12pm PST 11/06 North Rapid Creek 23.1 in 36.9° F 24.1° F 6130 ft 12pm PST 11/06 Now, as for a NYC rr, it wasn't as inspirational as the MCM, but I'll try to write something. Tomorrow, DH gets his ICD implanted, so if it is ok to wait until then, that will give me something to do to distract myself while I'm waiting. Deal? BTW, we have reached an agreement on what we are going to call the thing. I think I mentioned I started referring to it as "Sparky" but he objected (understandably, as he would like it not to be going off) and opted for "Sleepy." I didn't like that, b/c you want it to be on the job and do its thing if need be, and not asleep at the switch. SO, the new name is "Pedey," after the most dependable Dustin Pedroia, a real team player and heart of this year's team. Feels right. grins, A ps: I like "gnarly running girl." We could go with GRG for short and use it for those times when we go out and put in a gutsy run, like Karin going on after her face plant in last month's marathon. As in "Way to run, GRG!" Or, "that was a real GRG race!"
          Masters 2000 miles
            6 miles outside in the rain and the dark, which I never do, partly cross-country at the park and partly on the streets of our town, the first 4 miles with Dark Colt and the last 2 miles by myself as I ran back to where I had parked my car. Then I drove my car in the rain and the dark, with my gas gauge "empty" light on, over the bridge to the next town where the cheap gas station is. Not only was it rainy and dark, but it was also rush hour, so people were in a hurry despite the poor visibility and wet roads. On my way to the gas station, there was a massive pileup of cars right in front of me, but the Dark Horse has plenty of fast-twitch muscles and I was the first car in the line of traffic not to get caught in the pile-up. It's good to be me. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              Tammy-We all know how pretty you are...just stop it...
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Mariposai

I felt like a GRG this afternoon when I was running in the down pour rain, against the wind and at a hurry up pace. 8 miles in 1:23. This loop normally takes me over 1:30.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

dg. here's the scoop from a couple of points near Spearfish at around 1 pm: SD State Snow Depth SNOTEL Station Reports Station Snow Depth Max Temp Min Temp Elevation Observed Blind Park 30.5 in 34.9° F 21.6° F 6890 ft 12pm PST 11/06 North Rapid Creek 23.1 in 36.9° F 24.1° F 6130 ft 12pm PST 11/06 Now, as for a NYC rr, it wasn't as inspirational as the MCM, but I'll try to write something. Tomorrow, DH gets his ICD implanted, so if it is ok to wait until then, that will give me something to do to distract myself while I'm waiting. Deal? BTW, we have reached an agreement on what we are going to call the thing. I think I mentioned I started referring to it as "Sparky" but he objected (understandably, as he would like it not to be going off) and opted for "Sleepy." I didn't like that, b/c you want it to be on the job and do its thing if need be, and not asleep at the switch. SO, the new name is "Pedey," after the most dependable Dustin Pedroia, a real team player and heart of this year's team. Feels right. grins, A ps: I like "gnarly running girl." We could go with GRG for short and use it for those times when we go out and put in a gutsy run, like Karin going on after her face plant in last month's marathon. As in "Way to run, GRG!" Or, "that was a real GRG race!"
                  Amy... i didn't know it was tomorrow! hugs to you both. It's ok to wait until tomorrow. Deal. What time will they do it? Wish we could sit with you. Possibly it wouldn't have melted all that snow anyway Shocked. Has it stopped? Did you have to shovel a path for Frank? You know, after I was bugging you about it,it occurred to me that you're the one that put in all the effort to achieve this accomplishment that we're all excited & happy about... and then we (I) demand you do more like you owe it somehow. . Embarrassed However... that Red Sox excuse, now that doesn't cut it. -). Speaking of which! That's the perfect name! "Thursday, Pedroia, the sparkplug of the Boston Red Sox, was officially awarded a Rawlings Gold Glove for his defensive excellence." GRG, that works Smile. Erika, yay. thanks.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, I've tried pool running a few times this year. I use an AquaJogger flotation device that the Y has on hand (hee, hee - my main problem now is that it's hard to cinch it tight enough since I've lost so much weight!). I'm not a water person at all, but it's not bad. I did a Google search on it to get some ideas of form and interval training. I found that I had to really concentrate to work hard enough to feel like I got a real workout.
                    Thanks Teresa..cool the devise doesn't fit right because of your wieght loss...very kewl. Guess I will try it, but won't like it. lol....Erika two hours...geez!! Timothy

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Timothy - I haven't tried pool running, but I remember when my friend John was on the DL and did pool running, he did say it took a few times before he got a good rhythm down. Initially, he felt ackward and had a hard time staying centered as he ran. So, if you try it, keep at it because from what I hear it take a little getting used to before you feel sort of proficient at it. Indiana huh? I was there once. And I like your football team. Smile

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Take a left at the burnt out stump, another left at the fork in the road, a right at the corn liquor still, and you're there!
                        NOW that is funny, LOL Tim

flatland mountaineer

dg. here's the scoop from a couple of points near Spearfish at around 1 pm: SD State Snow Depth SNOTEL Station Reports Station Snow Depth Max Temp Min Temp Elevation Observed Blind Park 30.5 in 34.9° F 21.6° F 6890 ft 12pm PST 11/06 North Rapid Creek 23.1 in 36.9° F 24.1° F 6130 ft 12pm PST 11/06 "
                          Sorry to butt in, read this thread occaisionally, I am hearing reports of 12 foot drifts in Rapid and wind gusts in the 70's is that true???

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Marathon Maniac #3309

Timothy - I haven't tried pool running, but I remember when my friend John was on the DL and did pool running, he did say it took a few times before he got a good rhythm down. Initially, he felt ackward and had a hard time staying centered as he ran. So, if you try it, keep at it because from what I hear it take a little getting used to before you feel sort of proficient at it. Indiana huh? I was there once. And I like your football team. Smile
                            Wow, you noticed, Ball U... Ball State U...KEWL...ranked 18th in the Counrty right now! Ok Tammy, focus sweetie (pretty one, forget that other crap!). Is your friend really single....I don't want another uncomfortable moment in my undies (geez, have I told that story yet?) Ok, there is another group about "men at RA gone wild" go find it, lol. Timothy, that needs to run...but beating Twocat...and have tet in my sights!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Amy, we shall see, ok. Hopeing for the best tomorrow...you are a running machine!!!...will you wait up for me if all goes as planned? I don't think tomorrow will go well..but thanks Mom...no wait, I already pulled that line on Erika. Tim.

Mariposai

Sorry to butt in, read this thread occaisionally,.
                                Come on r2farm, tell us more about you. Don't be a lurker, that is not fun. This is funny, on my run today I was thinking how many lurkers we have here who just need to start posting to see how friendly and insanely in love with running we all are. If you are intimidated by how speedy some of the folks are here...don't worry...there are many of us who are slowwwwwwwww. Post often, please.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard