Masters Running

Valentine's Day Runs and Workouts (Read 670 times)

spacityrunner

Why? Sad
    The artist sold the statue to the developers of the new National Harbor. Didn't even know it was for sale....I think our National Parks should of purchased it and kept it where it is, but they didn't ask me Big grin

Trails Rock!

spacityrunner

Evan: Nice, very very nice.

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

soundalina - thanks for your message with cell phone number. I called at 6 and just again at 7pm like you said but still no answer. I'll call one more time at eight and, if still no answer, contact batman right away as you said. Stay calm, don't worry; there won't be any early morning getaways from up here. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Oldnuf2nobetter

Peter - I've seen all kinds of IRONMN etc. variations by justifiably proud multi-sporters but you might be starting a national trend as soon as the Marathon Maniacs get wind of personalized MM number plates. Geez Tiptoe Tet, I was just trying to make it easier for the search parties to know from which trailhead to start looking for a particular maniac!

King of PhotoShop

Gordon, I had no idea you were near Bellingham. I'm just walking and easy jogging, so I would never have stayed with you on a run, but I will be back there one day and I will let you know in advance. By then I should be all healed up. All of you may think I am worrying the Saint with all this travel dating, but she is secretly hoping I meet "Ms. Right" and get out of her hair. Anyway, tonight's date was with a glamorous Boomer goddess, and I have to say that her pictures on this site don't do her justice. What a gorgeous woman. I was able to sabotage her plans to bring Divechief and Tet along of course. Dive is way younger and better looking than I am, and Tet is a born seducer of women and I was concerned he would cut me out. My date selected a very nice Italian restaurant in Seattle and we had a lovely dinner. I'm sure our waiter thought it was nice of that man to take his lovely daughter to dinner. Anyway, we ate well, talked training, people, sports, work and anything else that came to our minds. It was sure a pleasant diversion for me, as I would have been spending just another night in some travel hotel reading a book or watching ESPN. Many thanks you know who. Spareribs
            btb1490

A very special person came into my life a few months ago, in the form of a sweet 3 year old girl. Her name is Amy and she is my patient partner at Children's Hospital in Boston for the Boston Marathon. Amy was born with a severe heart defect, and has had 3 open heart surgeries already. Little did I know how much Amy would have an impact on my life. Her fighting strength is amazing, and she has inspired and influenced me in so many ways. Amy has been very sick lately, not even being able to get out of bed. So it was very much to my surprise today when I got a Valentine's Day card in the mail from her. It was a picture of a teddy bear, holding a heart, that Amy had colored. It said "It takes a lot of heart to run 26.2 miles". No Amy, it takes a lot of heart to do what you did, and are doing. Compared to what you are going through, running a marathon is nothing. It was the best Valentine's present I could ever have imagined. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7828316766219280718
              evanflein

Oh I'm so jealous! Spareribs had dinner with Arf!!! One of my absolute without a doubt forever favorite goddesses! I hope you had fun, SR. You really had a treat and it sounds like you appreciated every minute. I would go way out of my way to have the same experience. (Hi Arf! Miss you!!!!) 5.1 miles nice and EZ in 45 mins (8:49 pace), solarmix 9 on tap to keep me away from that "increase speed" button. It's so hard to keep from increasing the speed when you're just chugging along.... Valentine's dinner tonight was marinated leg of lamb on the grill, mushroom risotto, steamed asparagus, bread from Great Harvest with roasted garlic, and a wonderful Sangiovese from Vincent Arroyo winery, one of our faves from Calistoga... Yum. I am so full. But you know, I think Risotto is my favorite carb loading dinner. I had it before Seattle and ran a PR on a hilly course. So... leftovers I'll have Saturday night before my long run on Sunday!
                evanflein

(oops, hit the "post" button twice I guess!)
                  SteveP

That plate is ssswweeeeettttttttt!!!!!!!!!

SteveP

King of PhotoShop

Oh I'm so jealous! Spareribs had dinner with Arf!!! One of my absolute without a doubt forever favorite goddesses! I hope you had fun, SR. You really had a treat and it sounds like you appreciated every minute. I would go way out of my way to have the same experience. (Hi Arf! Miss you!!!!) quote> Sorry Evan, guess again. Although I agree with you about the lovely arf, it was not she who agreed to be my Valentine's Day date. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

A very special person came into my life a few months ago, in the form of a sweet 3 year old girl. Her name is Amy and she is my patient partner at Children's Hospital in Boston for the Boston Marathon. Amy was born with a severe heart defect, and has had 3 open heart surgeries already. Little did I know how much Amy would have an impact on my life. Her fighting strength is amazing, and she has inspired and influenced me in so many ways. Amy has been very sick lately, not even being able to get out of bed. So it was very much to my surprise today when I got a Valentine's Day card in the mail from her. It was a picture of a teddy bear, holding a heart, that Amy had colored. It said "It takes a lot of heart to run 26.2 miles". No Amy, it takes a lot of heart to do what you did, and are doing. Compared to what you are going through, running a marathon is nothing. It was the best Valentine's present I could ever have imagined. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7828316766219280718
                        This is so touching, I have no words to say, just tears in my eyes...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."