Masters Running

Tuesday Nov. 18 Runs, Non-Runs and other stuff (Read 571 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, fortunately for you folks (actually, probably unfortunately Big grin ), I don't have a problem talking about this. About two years ago I had an incident during a morning run that resulted in me having to crouch between a truck and a boat to undress and deal with the problem at hand (luckily, most times I carry a bandana with me for my runny nose). My friend calls them "atomic farts." (There's fallout. Get it??) I was praying like crazy a cop wouldn't come along. "Yes sir, I know that you can get arrested for indecent exposure, however, I had no choice." "Sir, believe me, you don't want me in your car at this moment." The bad part - I was about half a block from a 4-way stop intersection. Not a well-traveled intersection, but a well-lit one. A car pulls up and I'm going, "No!" I tried to get further behind the truck with my lily white a$$ hanging out there for all to see, but the tongue of the boat trailer was in the way. So there I am, crouched as far behind this truck as I can get . . . and the car isn't moving. In my mind, I'm screaming, "Go! Just go, would ya?!?" It seemed to take forever . . . . then I remembered that not only was I wearing my headlamp, but it was still turned on. Ack! Shocked I slapped my hand over it and kept mentally screaming, "Go!" The car finally moved on, I got dressed, and it was quite the uncomfortable 2.5-mile run home. Aaaah! The joys of running! Big grin
    I am sooo glad you gave a detailed description of what most of us go through with this issue...it almost deserves a separate thread. My latest incident (and I had absolutly NO choice), I was take'n care of business in someone's front lawn between a couple of small evergreen tree's. I forgot to turn my blinker off, so I stood out like a lit up Christmas Tree. The owners of the home came out and asked...what the hell are ya doing. I quickly pulled every thing back up, and took off running. And then there are the times I didn't make it...ok, that's another story. Did I just say this, or just think it, lol. I wonder if tet has the same problem on his long tapers...prolly not. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

HOLY CRAP! What's wrong with me? I run about 20 min after I wake up...and have no issues to report. Maybe 'cause I wait to have coffee afterwards? Confused No run, yoga, or anything today. Just tree decorating. Big grin I think we did 20 ornaments. That's it. On one tree. The other one's all naked and waiting. Now you see why I have to start so early!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Wow, I sure missed a lot today...talk about a load of.... oops sorry. An hour in the gym, 30 doing heavy weights, then 30 minutes spinning then an hour tempo run, hamstring a bit better finally. The weather is miserable, below 0, rain and sleet, howling wind and slippery roads. YEAH, it's finally training season. I love the tough conditions. It kicks off my training season and today I signed up for Around the Bay 30K race, the grandaddy of all races in North America, (older than Boston as they say). This race owes me. This year I will be ready for the hills in the last 10K and the Grim Reaper...well I will be the one carrying the scythe. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I sure don`t want to brag or anything makin` taperin` tim jealous but, after a nice nonrun in the drizzly morning fog, I did it again for a first ever daily-double non-run in the afternoon sunshine. I wish I could prove it wasn`t just another goddess dream or something, . . . but after a snowgoddess nonrun last week, it was all butterflies today.
          I wonder if tet has the same problem on his long tapers...prolly not.
          - just ask my sister leslie why we like ultras so much nowdays.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

The weather is miserable, below 0, rain and sleet, howling wind and slippery roads. YEAH, it's finally training season. I love the tough conditions. It kicks off my training season and today I signed up for Around the Bay 30K race, the grandaddy of all races in North America, (older than Boston as they say). This race owes me. This year I will be ready for the hills in the last 10K and the Grim Reaper...well I will be the one carrying the scythe. Tall
            OK, I'll stop complaining about hot weather now. Glad it's not below zero here. Although I assume you mean zero Celsius? Good luck with the race - when is it?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

- just ask my sister leslie why we like ultras so much nowdays.
              Ah, yes! The beauty of the trees, the wonders of nature all around you, the head-high bush behind which one can dig a hole and lower one's rear end to take care of business! Just be careful choosing the leaves with which you will be wiping. . . . or follow my lead and carry a baggie of baby wipes (of course, with another baggy in which to put the used wipes. Help keep our trails clean!) Tim - One of my major goals in life (and we all gotta have 'em) is to help people feel comfortable with the normal bodily functions of everyday life. It is the one thing that everyone around the world has in common. So I say, Runners with Bowel Issues - UNITE! Big grin

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance