Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.7.15 (Read 30 times)

Since leaving AK and landing in CO it's been -10 F on Sunday morning, to running in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday to freezing rain and a skiff of snow today, at about 20F. I did 7 with a 20 min tempo today, slipping and sliding on a frozen path.

naturally, I'd need a lamp that was able to display the bat signal.

Nice!

I would love to get a new bedspread since ours is literally falling apart.  But I want to paint our bedroom first, and that's not gonna happen for awhile.  AND it would have to be cat-friendly (i.e., doesn't snag easily, doesn't show fur easily) and easy to wash.  I know, I  know - want, want want..  So we'll just stick with our old ragtag spread until it totally disintegrates. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I keep my website passwords in a spreadsheet called "Web Passwords" and I store it in my Dropbox so I can access from anywhere I might be when I forget a password.  Can't be much less secure than that.  (I just have to remember my Dropbox password.)

And this is from our resident IT guy. I love it! I'm with Tammy and the scribbles on a sheet of paper, but mine is folded up in my desk drawer so if I forget one and am at home, I just have to wait. A few years ago one of the departments at the other end of the building was getting rid of some old equipment. I snagged a keyboard that was much nicer than mine. Later in the day, the gal who'd had it before came running down the hall, flipped my new keyboard over and pulled off her taped on list of passwords. Ha! I never would've thought of that (really!) so now wonder how many keyboards in the building have passwords taped under them?

Nice, Trackrat! I don't know how you run on ice without traction assistance. After I fell hard a couple years ago, running "naked" on ice just freaks me out.

Leslie, we have a flannel comforter cover on our down comforter... it's so cozy! And Abby loves it. Can't say it hides cat hair all that well, but so far it's holding up, snag-wise.

I haven't checked in here lately because I haven't been running except for some light TM sessions, and I didn't want to show up just to whine about my varying ailments. It's sort of been like as soon as one part recovers, another part starts hurting. Lately it's been down to just my lower back, but then yesterday morning when I got up I almost lurched sideways into the dresser as I had a recurrence of BPV (I assume) so have been doing those special maneuvers periodically during the day. Still a bit dizzy once in a while. Getting old is not for wimps!

Our temps haven't been as bad as many other places in the region -- nothing like Holly's for instance -- and so far almost no snow since November. This time last year we'd already had a couple of feet of it! But I'm not complaining and if the wind ever lets up I'll try a run outside again.

Bud Light and Miller Lite?? Slo, you need to get your buddies up my way and try some Michigan craft beer! Dozens of brews up here to sample if you like ale and IPA and that sort of thing (as I do!).

Jay, I also use Lastpass. Aamos, the Cowboys will get theirs Sunday in Green Bay; it will definitely be Packers weather although not like that legendary Ice Bowl of a number of years ago (10 below IIRC).

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

wildchild

Carolyn

There's an inversion in Colorado today, so it was warmer at my house than where Trackrat lives!  44 F and sunny, and I ran in shorts, 11 miles around the neighborhood.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

<<Start Soapbox Post>>

Get a password storage program if you do not have one yet.  They are FREE!  Yes, FREE!  They are incredibly easy to use.  When you log into a web page they will ask you if they should store the information you entered.  Say yes, and your are done.  Logging into a new page?  The program will offer to create a password for you and fill it in.  Tired of filling in your name, address and other standard information every time you order something on line?  These programs will fill all that in for your automatically!

Password vaults are with you all the time.  You just need to remember one and only one password: the one to your vault.  If you memorize this one password you never need to write down a password again, thereby offering yet more protection.  Lastpass and similar programs function as add ons to your web browser.  These programs will not not hold your passwords but will also log you in automatically if you wish.  That means you do not even need to type in your password or even remember the user name you have for a particular web page.  Password vaults let you select difficult to crack passwords that are unique to each web page you use.  This way if somebody gets hold of the password for your credit card it will not let them break into your bank account. Here is a rare case where you can both protect yourself, make your life easier and all for free!  Did I mention these password vaults are free?  Yes, free!

<<End Soapbox Post>>

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, I have a coworker who raves about his password vault.

One of these days will do it.

It was -18c by the end of the day, so there was no question of running outside.  5 TM miles, alternating speeds for mini intervals, up to a significantly faster pace than I've been doing recently. Felt great!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

I think I need to look into a password vault . . . . .  But how do you keep someone from stealing your vault password?  Does that password need a vault?  And what about that vault?  When will the madness stop?!?!?

PS - Erika - I'll have to look into that whole flannel cover for a down comforter.  When I say our comforter looks bad. it looks bad.  And it's ugly to boot.  (It's the only "cat friendly" one I could find that also went along with the color of our bedroom when I painted it many moons ago.)

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - I know so little about password vaults....is this something I could add on to my home computer, my work computer, and my smart phone?  And would my DH also be able to access it from his devices for our common websites?

Batman lamp - cool.

Erika - I took your suggestion and bought some Spare Spikes.  Are they okay on pavement, too, or should I wait until we have complete coverage with no dry spots?

Carolyn - sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I accidentally posted my "daily" stuff in Holly's Fall Marathon thread, last night...it was that kind of day, yesterday.  Anyway..I did 10 miles on the treadmill and went to bed.  Yes, it was very exciting.