Masters Running

Groundhog Day, 2.2.16 (Read 37 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Stumpy - It's amazing what he can sleep through.   

squirtbottlesquirtbottlesquirtbottle......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

squirtbottlesquirtbottlesquirtbottle......

For Shorty???  

I have one in the garage I will lock and load tonight at my bedside tonight.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice party hats, Jay!  Where's the picture of your hat?

Leslie, my sympathies on the kitties waking you up.  But I hope you don't squirt water on Shorty by mistake!

I had a wonderful 10 mile run in the snow today.  It was 15° when I went out and down to 10° when I got home so not quite more miles than degrees, but I dressed just right and it was calm, so it felt really nice out.  I just ran around the neighborhood, since the trails are buried with all the new snow we got, but freshly plowed dirt roads are really nice for running - the snow squeaked under my feet and the woods were all snowy and beautiful.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

moebo

That sounds lovely, Wild.

Jay, love the party pictures! It sounds like you all had a great time.

I have had some really nice runs so far this week, both days just a little over 4 miles. Yesterday for some reason the air felt really warm to me, even though it was not quite 40 degrees. Today was a little chillier (around 35 degrees I think), but so clear, and the planets lined up with the crescent moon were spectacular--I had to stop and just look more than once.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopped in to say I ran, today.  We got a bunch of snow, so I tried a speed workout on the treadmill--I failed miserably...but I got in 10 miles....now I have a blister the size of New Jersey (I think I remember somebody on here using that term once...I'm stealing it) on my little toe and my little toe is not that big...which is why I call it my little toe.

Come to think of it...my big toe is kind of little, too...but I still call it my big toe...hmmm...

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

I would love to be a guest at Jay's party! They look like fun!!!!

Tetsujin, way to go with your commute rides!

I am looking forward to reading tomorrow if Leslie used the squirt bottle on Shorty.

Where did Tuesday go? I went to work early thinking that I will take an hour lunch to go for a recovery run. Nope, it did not happen, but that is Ok. I received news of additional funding from Commerce for tenant base rental assistance for the  homeless, and now we have about 10,000 a month extra to pay for rental assistance for the homeless. My wings were flapping happily all day mobilizing my great crew to have people into safe and affordable housing. My heart is so happy.

Running, 3 miles of it before our winter wellness program. The trainer really pushed us all to our limit tonight.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard