Masters Running

Monday Monday, can't trust that day. 01 February, 2016 (Read 35 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

um, yeah Slo, we noticed!  Called DH's bro in Sioux City just before he left.

so how was Jay's party?

Rosie, we'll figure out a way....I have run a marathon where I stayed in Alex before, then took the silver line out to Reston.  Not far at all.  So excited!

6 for me today.  Really slow since I ran 18 and 14 Sat and Sunday. All bolluxed up since the planned marathon 1/17 got shortened to a half.

It'll work out.  Off to watch politics!

grins

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm with tet, Tammy--if you get any more information as to what happened, please pass it on.

I did 6 miles on the treadmill.  I really should have gone outside, since we're supposed to get about 6" of snow by this time tomorrow.  I just didn't feel like it....so there.

I signed up for Portland!  Woo hoo!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Thanks for sharing Tammy - so sad to lose someone so obviously filled with joy and life!!

No running - chiro, computraining on my new bike ..... she needs a name - Rosie? Lola? still thinking

Happy trails my friends

denise

evanflein

That is so sad about Todd and yes, please share any updates. Just so hard to fathom what happened.

And yes, Jay needs to tell us about the wacky start and end times of the party. Sort of falls in the same category as Twocat's wacky distance races.

And speaking of Twocat, yes that bites about the marathon. Live to run another day though, right?

Always shake my head at Amy's mileage.

I ran 15.2 on Sunday; tough run with some hip bursitis and something going on in my ankle. Got cold at the end too so finished just in time. Finished the week with 55 miles and 231 for the month so off to a good start.

5.3 frozen-faced miles for me today, late afternoon run on tired legs with the last of the daylight and a beautiful sunset. Clear and cold, but nowhere near as cold as it usually is for this time of year. It was -10 this morning, and about 5° when I went out for my run.

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

I'm with tet, Tammy--if you get any more information as to what happened, please pass it on.

Same here.

No running here. I needed a total day of rest post 22 miles plus 3 hours of Xcountry skiing over the weekend.

Plus, auditors at my office.  I tell you, it is so hard to respond about work that was done by someone else and now I am responsible for...

it is a good thing that I love my job...otherwise I would have ran away long time ago.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

todd's wife just posted this in our running group forum:

Just in from the medical examiner, they are baffled. Todd was found face down in shallow water. His lungs were saturated with fluid. There were no abrasions or other injuries (internal or external). They are sending off for toxicology reports which will take several months. That is all we know for now. I wanted all of you to hear it from me. I still have my questions and there are a lot of things that do not make sense, like why his gloves were found off the trail on Bandersnatch and why did they have 5 dog hits off Bandersnatch yet his body was way down by Pete's? He never went down that road. He didn't like the water. I am confused, heartbroken angry and baffled. Thank you everyone for your love and support.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

that's scary tammy.

please tell her so many of us are so sorry and care too.

I signed up for Portland!  Woo hoo! 

I tried again this morning and wasted more than thirty minutes as, even though I got as far as the initial-the-waiver, I’d be returned to the “start registration” page again, and then, when I tried to send an e-mail for help, it got wiped out by my hated ASUS touch-screen computer but finally did get it sent the second try. Yuk

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)