Masters Running

No Tuesday daily, yet? 2/18 (Read 36 times)

“Get ready to sue.”

A chip off the old block!! Maybe you can get her a summer job as an intern at your law firm.

Sorry you're under the weather Denise. Like Kevin says, you're training has gone so well that you should be fine. Take the time to rest and completely get well. One of the girls I work with tried to run through a bad upper respiratory thing and now has bronchitis.

(((Ribs))) I know you don't want hugs, but that was a major step scheduling the surgery. Prayers that everything goes well.

Great picture of your GD Marj - at least someone likes all of the snow we've been getting.

Carolyn and Leslie - I would get along very well with your DH's. Not much of a social person which drives my DH crazy, because he is so much the opposite. I always tell him "I'm very comfortable with my own company" and don't really like going to parties or dinner with folks I don't know well.

4 miles on the elliptical and 45 minutes of weights and core this morning. It actually got up to 34° here today and the sun melted some of the snow and ice. I think I'm going to be brave and run outside tomorrow morning before work - before the next batch of storms comes in on Thursday.  It's been so long I hope I can remember some of my routes!

I know many people are following the Olympics. How about our silver medal dance team and bronze bobsled guys last night? USA! USA! USA!

mari, it sounds like you put on a fantastic dinner.  Mike, great marathon.  Steve, what a neat 5K with Tag.  NHLA, good job on your 10K.  marj, I enjoyed the picture of your granddaughter.

Nice long runs for CNY, Holly, and fatozzig.

We got several inches of snow overnight on top of a lot of ice.  I did 8 miles on the TM at a pace of 10:54.  The local road crews have done a fantastic job of plowing today, the sun shone, the temperature got above freezing, and the roads are looking pretty good.  I plowed the driveway and we are expecting some warming weather the next couple of days.  It's encouraging even though things are supposed to go back in the crapper in a couple of days.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Maybe I shouldn't be sharing this with you folks who are currently in Deep Freeze . . . .

But it's suppose to hit 67 for my race on Saturday.   . . . . . . . . .  My lily white legs are not ready for that kind of exposure, but I'm afraid my capris will be too warm.  Ack!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I hope you feel better soon, Denise.  I was dodging different stuff for two weeks leading up to the marathon...then POW...I have been down for the count since I crossed the line.  I did get down to the beach and threw the Frizbee around a little bit, today.  I'm hoping to be all better in the morning.  At least it's warm!

Okay--I have to go back to being on vacation.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - Take it from someone who ignored the AT pain for too long - be aggressive in dealing with it. 

What do you suggest?

Marj - love that GD's brilliant smile!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am sooooooooo sick!!  I

So - HELP - what do you do when your training for a marathon gets derailed??

If you can adjust your marathon goals from having a good time on the timing clock to having a good time on the fun-o-meter, it would not seem that a two week taper is going to have any adverse consequences on this year’s Boston Marathon.  However, I think you’ll do fine in both departments.
              MikeE - sounds like you’re having too much fun.
              Can you carry us down the beach to the water too?
              Any hard-packed, smooth sand for running barefoot.
              How far can you do it? I bet you can’t run a mile.
              ps - do not post any pictures until May or thereafter.
              Leslie - we’ll send you to southern California if you dare run in capris or tights when it’s 57-degrees.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

I am sooooooooo sick!!  I have done nothing but sleep on and off since Sunday - well, I did make a pot of veggie soup Sunday and managed to wash my sheets and shower yesterday, but really nothing else!!  I finally gave in and went to the dr today for a prescription cough med and some decongestant -- I cant even remember the last time I took medicine Sad   So - HELP - what do you do when your training for a marathon gets derailed??

Butterfly hugs to you dear sistahhhh. I hope those who are wiser than me about training can guide you as far as your training, but let me tell you, I was very, very sick as well and the only thing that helped was total rest. I started running again a few days ago, but even on my 9 miler today I just do not have the stamina for the tempo run I had scheduled, so enjoying the run I did at a very slow pace.

After taking a little break with my abs workout, I decided that it was time to start doing my gym diva core Xt again...boy....I know I will be one sore girl tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I know many people are following the Olympics. How about our silver medal dance team and bronze bobsled guys last night? USA! USA! USA!

Excuse me? Our dynamic duo of Meryl Davis and Charlie White won GOLD!! Loved watching them. I know Tramps and some others say this stuff isn't "sport" and doesn't belong in the Olympics, but I love watching the ice dancing.

Holly, that DD of yours is hilarious.

Marj, kids always find a way to have fun in the snow. I love watching our tenants' kids playing around in the snow banks we have.

Deez, you'll be fine. You've got time, you've been doing great and you need to focus on recovery. I know it's hard, and you're going to want to freak out about it, but you need to get better, then pick up where you left off, maybe giving yourself a break for a few days. You'll be fine.

We're still annoyingly cold here. I say annoying because it's colder than "comfortable" for an outdoor run (plus, we had unexpected 4" of snow Saturday night and most of it has not been cleaned up yet) although still warmer than we could be (it got above zero today), but I don't want to deal with it. I've gotten lazy/soft/wimpy the last couple years! But, it should be really nice this weekend with temps in the upper teens/lower 20's and continuing nice temps into the next week. So yay, I'll be outside this weekend/next week!

In the meantime.... 6.2 miles on the treadmill tonight, 53:20. *yawn*

SteveP

her goal was to break 5 hours and she ran a 4:40, so I am very happy for her.  Spareribs

Very cool

I hope it's that simple too Carolyn.

I'm becoming more of a race day registration person myself C-R. I did very much enjoy a trail HM last summer that I wanted to do again.Very rarely do I use my work computer for personal distractions. Registration opened at 10:00 AM and I check at lunch. The 1/2 was nearly full. I'm in.

Hi Tammy!

Ouch, Holly.

Aww, what a doll, Marj.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

but I don't want to deal with it. I've gotten lazy/soft/wimpy the last couple years!

Not words I would ever use to describe you...

{{{Deez}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."