Masters Running

Soccer and more in Hawaii (Read 272 times)

evanflein

Just a quick post of some photos from our trip to Hawaii. We had a lot of fun, played some good (and not-so-good) soccer and enjoyed the surf and sand. Hanauma Bay, a protected nature preserve where the snorkeling is excellent... Playing in the waves at Sandy Bay DS1 playing in the sand and water right outside our beach house (we shared with two other soccer families) The evening view of Waikiki from our beach The Phoenix '94 Alaska State champs... before the games begin The team practices with Diamond Head in the background (I really wonder if they realized how special this trip was...?) We saw this X-Band radar facility heading out to sea, view from our beach That thing is pretty cool... here's a link to info on it if you're interested http://www.mda.mil/mdalink/pdf/sbx.pdf We saw that thing out there for a couple days, and then it went out of view.
    wildchild

Carolyn

Beautiful views and nice looking kids! Thanks for sharing.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

HermosaBoy

VERY nice!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Awesome, simply awesome...my wife and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and constantly talk about going back. My next door neghbor is there now and flies home on July 1st...he couldn't have picked a better two weeks to leave Maine....the wether has been rather crappy with showers, thunderstorms and humidity almost daily. Great photos, and you are probably right about the kids not really appreciating how special this trip was right now. But the photos and their memories will serve them well as the grow older. Wink
          DickyG

WOW! DickyG
              Wow, that is quite a trip for the soccer team!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Sigh!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How cool! What a great opportunity for your family - I'm glad you got to go!
                      Great pictures. I want to go to Hawaii. TomS
                      coastwalker

Fabulous photos! Hawaii really is a magical place, isn't it? I hope everybody had a good time, despite the "not so good" soccer. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

TammyinGP

Those are great pics! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time over there.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, Erika, these photos are stunning!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Thanks Erika. I'm late in catching up. I once took my son snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and it is lovely. Opened a zip loc bag of cereal underwater and almost got devoured by fish. What a riot. You sure provided those kids a great time. Spareribs
                              huskydon

Thanks for the link to the X band radar. That WAS pretty cool. Oh, and the pictures were nice too. huskydon