Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Group w/e July 13th (Read 327 times)

Hope everyone's 4th went well. Continuing my tapering to my 2nd 50k on Saturday in Ashland, OR Mon - 5 miles w/8 15-sec hill sprints at end Tues - 5 min warm up/cool down w/6 one-minute strides (still tapering) Wed - Taper. No worikout, but tons of nervous energy! Thurs - 5 min warm up/cool down w/6 one-minute strides Fri - Rest Sat - 50k SOB Trail Run - Completed 22 miles Sun - Tet - Congrats on the marathon! Welcome back, Lynden. Hope the vacation was fun. Running - 27 miles

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Good luck with that 50k Leslie! Hope Gordon had a good time in Hawaii... I'm hoping to do better this week and I feel better. Only two weeks before a really tough hilly trail run I want to PR in, and I do not feel ready at all... Monday: 4 EZ miles planned........4.5 hilly trail miles DONE Tuesday: 5 miles planned...........6 miles on the Treadmill DONE Wednesday: 8 w/hills planned.....8.5 hilly miles running home from work DONE Thursday: 5 miles EZ planned......5.1 miles, 8:33 avg pace DONE Friday: Usual Rest Day...............DONE (house and yard work...) Saturday: 8 miles planned..........8.2 miles of hills, hills, hills DONE Sunday: 12-14 or so?.................13 miles with some almost tempo pace, 1.5 mile walk DONE 45.3 miles running total, about 2 miles of walking and lots and lots of yard and garden work! A good week...
        I guess fattozig you're covering for Gordo while he's in Hawaii? Very thoughtful and thanks! I'll be doing a music festival all this week. Lot of late nights, no sleep, etc. But running is in the plan somewhere. Mon.....rest..............rest (I was gonna do a short run but just didn't happen) Tues....3miles............ Wed....festivate........ Thurs....festivate....... Frid.....festivate........ Sat......festivate....... Sun.....recover from festivating...... Total.............
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          I guess fattozig you're covering for Gordo while he's in Hawaii? Very thoughtful and thanks!
          I figured Hawaii - - vacation - - mai tai's - - not so much worried about a weekly thread. Sunburn and sand in the shorts, yes. Weekly thread, eh, naw. Wink

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Thanks for starting the thread, Fattozig. Hope Gordon is enjoying his vacation. Mon.... 2.5K doggie walk, that's all folks. Oh and I did abs and 11xpushups Tue.... 40min UB strength incl. abs and 4K doggie fun run in the rain. Wed... 9.3K dogless run this morning. Thu.... unplanned rest day. Fri...... 9.3K dogless run again. Lovely morning. Sat.... Sun.... Totals:

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you leslie and welcome back lynden. Sunday (July 6) - 26.2 miles (thongs) Monday (July 7) - taper Tuesday (July 8) - taper Wednesday (July 9) - taper Thursday (July 10) - taper Friday (July 11) - taper Saturday (July 12) - 20 miles getting lost on planned 15 mile warm up to Cougar Mountain Series 10miler barefoot - 16 miles total for week - 46.2 miles total barefoot forJuly RunningBarefoot month - 16 miles

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I'm getting back on track, with exercise anyway, and this thread will help to keep me going, so . . . . Monday - packing and driving back to the shore wore me out, so = rest Tuesday - I actually went running! For the first time in almost 3 weeks. Five miles, mostly walking, but 2.5 walk/run. And no soreness that evening or the next day. Wednesday - did a beach walk as a tour guide, and kid-wrangling on the beach with my three godsons later, so = XT Thursday - 4.2 miles - 2 running and 2.2 walking; ran longer intervals today and HR recovered more quickly, but my legs feel like lead! Friday - XT: 13-mile bike ride and 1-1/2 hours in the kayak - a super day Smile Saturday - 2-hour kayak adventure, about half of it against a fairly strong tide Sunday - walked/ran 5 glorious miles at 6:30 a.m. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Thanks Leslie... Mon-Swimming Tue-Swimming Wed-5@7:30 Thur-Off Fri-4@8:15 Sat-Off Sun-14@8:30 Total=23 miles
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  pfriese

I had a bit of a relapse from the upper respiratory bug I've been battling since coming back from Seattle. Only 5.2 miles or running early in the week. Sunday, I was able to ride 100K with youngest DD though. Total(s) for week: 5.2 miles running & 62.7 miles of bicycling Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sat - 50k SOB Trail Run - Completed 22 miles Tet - Congrats on the marathon!
                      thanks leslie. as for this week, at least you made it to your race instead of getting lost before getting there. Incidentally, I've DNF'ed two of my four ultras so far this year (both due to footwear malfunction of my thongs) so welcome to the 50% club. I'm wondering if hydration was a factor for you if it was a hot one. Paul - did you get in any PNW running while you were here?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I haven't posted at all in a while, I may as well catch up here with the weekly tally: Mon: 9.4 Tue: 4.17 Wed:7 Thu:6.27 Fri:4.32 Sat:6.26 Sun:7.26 plus lots of garage cleaning Total:44.7 Tet: next time you are lost in the Eastside, head for Woodinville and we'll go for lunch!