Masters Running

Tuesday, 9.16.14 (Read 36 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Talk about a perfect night for running...65o...sunny...little wind...the only thing that was wrong was I was only scheduled for 7 miles.  After running just 28 miles over the weekend and a day off, yesterday, my legs felt the freshest they have felt in a very long time.  I had to hold myself back the whole way.  Even the 3 x 1 miles at marathon pace was hard to keep myself from just busting it.  I sure hope this means I'm ready for NEXT weekend.  Anyway...7.5 miles in 54:57.

Okay--that's all the time I have.  See ya!

Mariposai

Ok, here goes....  Mr. C and I at the summit, with Remi on the left.  Isn't he cute?  PS - he is only 3 inches taller than me, but I made him stand on slightly higher ground during all our pictures....

If someone can tell me how to post the actual photo directly from flickr, please tell me!

Yes, Enkie, he is cute. Great picture! I am so happy for you and with you my dear friend. RE: flickr...just right click on the picture, copy the URL and paste that in here.

Tamster, I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with the wild fires. I know the stress it brings to our daily lives. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Twocat, you sure are a trouble maker!.

3 miles today after work. I planned to go biking, but I found out that my bike tire was bad and my pump was not at the house. All is well.

Still recovering from my East Coast trip. The delightful memories of the fun week still keeps me company.

Relay experience with friends are fantastic!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy anniversary to you and your wife, Jay. Have a great trip. I suppose we are on our own for the summaries now too. Where is Blazin?

Tammy, I hope the fires stay away, or better yet go out. You and Johnny stay safe.

Ribs' cool 76 is Erika's record high, don't you love this forum? I am going to keep a log of The Saint's training plans you have for her and see if I can work towards that next year.

Oh, Enke, he is a cutie!

Greta news about Boston, C-R! Robin will host the party.....

Good pace workout, BTY. I have been trying to work on that too.

MikeE, it certainly was a greta night for running! You are so ready for that 50 miler.

After a rest day yesterday I ran the lake again today and was pleased with the overall pace of 11:09 for the 4.72 miles, the best time I have had for the lake route. I did get passed by Derek, a fellow in my Celebrate Recovery group. I signed up for another race today, the Stillwater Log Run 10 Mile. We will be camping near there so might as well, right?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I routinely run 4 to 6 hours in the mountains - one of my favorite things to do!

I’ve definitely been known to do some crazy things in my running life, to say nothing of just life.

However, “let’s go for a four-to-six hour run for the heck of it”

has never been one of them..

Go superchild.

ps tammy - do not take any chances.

please bring everyone back up to Seattle anytime at the drop of a hat.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Happy 36th Jay. Your wife is a lucky gal.

Tammy, I hope the fires are under control soon.

Love the smiles Enke!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke - what a great picture!  And he does kind of look like George Clooney...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - I forgot to say Happy Anniversary!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah...I guess he's okay, enke...a little too tall, maybe...but, other than that, he seems to be okay.  Of course, I'll have to meet him before I can give my final approval.