Masters Running

Thu Feb 21 Runs and Workouts (Read 615 times)

SteveP

OWWW! I was out for a trail run at lunchtime, and caught my foot on a rock going down a short steep hill. I tried to move my feet fast enough to get them back under the top part of my body, but next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground saying OWWW! .
    Stoopid gravity

SteveP

just 3 easy for me tonight. Rest day tomorrow then hopefully warmer weather for my long runs this weekend. I very seldom go to the track anymore, speed is not my friend, I tend to push to hard. When I did it always bugged me that I had to jump the fence. I asked why one day when someone was working in the bleachers and basically they lock the gates during football season to force people through the main gate so they can sell tickets. Also they mentioned vandalism. After explaining vandals can hope fences just as good as runners they laughed and agreed to just loosen the chain enough for me to squeeze through but not fully open. I in turn agreed to help the boosters paint the bleachers. Everyone was happy. Good runs everyone

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

btb1490

Tallrunner and Craneium, I've run Ottawa twice and absolutely love that race. It's a beautiful city and a well run event. Let me know if you need any tips. Enjoy!
          btb1490 - I live in Ottawa and have run the Ottawa Marathon twice already. I know the canal and all the paths by heart. But thanks for the offer. Craneium - Cannot speak for Buffalo but I can give you tons of advice on Ottawa and make you feel welcome here if you do show up... It's an amazing race, very very well organized and a beautiful course. Ping me if you need more info to decide at fguay@rogers.com Yes Ottawa is a great city and this is a fantastic marathon. I have tried to encourage more of the US runners to come and give us a try..... Show you some Northern Hospitality.... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good morning everyone. How is life in RA going? Being gone for a month made me realize how much I missed the daily happings on this board.
            It makes us realize how much we miss you too.<>mariposai)>>>>>>
            Can someone help me catch up with the "happinings"?
            It took 3.2 miles with soudi/arfi/francesci (oh, and divechief too) on 1/1 to make me break my winter taper for the first time since the seven butterfuly miles in the Seattle Marathon and it was a pleasure to get into double figures this month coinciding 10 miles with your solo marathon in Paraguay. Hope it was lots of fun too. See you in Wenatchee and hoping your first ultra of 34 miles Spokane in July will encite me, I mean, encourage me to be able to do it all the way to the top this time. ps - we think DH's regular computer must have crashed and he can't find his way back to RA on a new one.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I will take a little runner vacation as I did last weekend and go someplace warm to run in February. . . . I managed to get down to Arizona over this past weekend and get in a good long run
              <>LostDuctchman/Sedona/rr)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wildchild, we're two for two today. Just got back from my run and I also tripped and fell. A bump in the one brief part I'm on the sidewalk, of course. (Blasted man-made concrete). Just a bit of road rash and a cut on the ankle bone, but I'm fine, too. I was due for a fall; it's been at least two months. Roll eyes 7 miles with a few hills, easy. Posa! Smile Tet. You are such a flirt, especially at night. Tongue

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks soundalina. Not that I wouldn't do it anyway but my mind is wandering all over the place waiting for aamos's, . . . I mean mariposai's rr's. besides, someone has to fill in while DH is on the MIA. Big grin