Masters Running

Monday September 17th Daily (Read 407 times)

Tramps

Good morning.

Great races this weekend, much of it on impressive terrain.  Hope everyone recovers well, has a good week, and posts more pictures.

With cooler temps, the AC is off and the windows are open at night, revealing all the chatter of crickets and the sounds of larger critters. It’s one of the things that makes where we live special.  One of the funny sounds is the barred owls, who are so loud they sometimes sound like they are perched on our window sill.  (If you don’t know what they sound like, see this.)  Last night, they were going like gangbusters.

5 miles for me at fairly slow easy/recovery pace.  This is likely the last day of our awesome autumn weather that has gone on for over a week.  Heavy rains forecast for tomorrow.  Did I mention it’s been awesome?

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Back to running !!

After a two week lay off due to a 6 inch diameter hemotoma that went from the from the front of my thigh to my outside hip I finally got two days of runnining in. It's harden up and is now about the size of an egg.

Man, I was strating to get a little pissy.

Added 10lbs to my frame in 2 weeks.

It's shaping up to be a pretty ugly Monkey, Running wise...I'm just going for the meet up and beer anyway. Can't wait to see OM's infectious smile in person!

King of PhotoShop

SLO, that sounds like a tough one.  Once that swelling goes down a bit I would think you could start massaging it and break up some of that tissue.

Yesterday and today were just slow recovery runs for me, and although I'm not sore anywhere, I sure feel fatigued.  2.2 miles this morning on the dirt track.

I knew I could count on Hemerocallus.  Yes, "My Cat From Hell" is aired by Animal Planet.

Who co-wrote "We are the world" with Michael Jackson?  Spareribs

Slo

That's exactly what I've been doing Ribs. Iceing and massage. It was putting a great deal of stress on my muscles and tendons / ligaments. It was putting pressure on a nerve too. At times It felt Like I had an inner groin pull. Once we got thru the jello stage and it started to solidify I was able to get some relief.  My last two weeks here at work didn't help it at all.

Just good to be running again!

SLO, that sounds like a tough one.  Once that swelling goes down a bit I would think you could start massaging it and break up some of that tissue.

Yesterday and today were just slow recovery runs for me, and although I'm not sore anywhere, I sure feel fatigued.  2.2 miles this morning on the dirt track.

I knew I could count on Hemerocallus.  Yes, "My Cat From Hell" is aired by Animal Planet.

Diana Ross?

I'm really sore today, but it's better if I keep moving.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

King of PhotoShop

Well, at least somebody made a guess!  Good try Starr.  Hint for everyone.  It was a guy.  Spareribs

Well, at least somebody made a guess!  Good try Starr.  Hint for everyone.  It was a guy.  Spareribs

Quincy Jones?

Shhhh, posting from work - more later Smile

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

Back to work after a 3 day wknd out at the coast - work related, but still had fun.

Ran 10.5 miles on Saturday morning, then a 3 ish mile barefoot walk on the beach after my seminar was over in the afternoon, followed by a 3.1 mile run Sunday morning before leaving to come back home.

Tammy

Mariposai

Welcome back Tamster. That place where you stayed must be amazing! Being a book lover myself I would love to stay there someday.

I am not surprised a bit that Holly was treated as a queen while in Alaska! 

Slo-Hand I am glad to see that you are back to running. Funny  how those pounds do appear so fast.

We finally got some wind that took the smoke away from the valley. So, I was able to welcome the sun with a nice 5 miler today.  

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

jlynne, that is a great guess, but sorry, not it.  Still in all, you are once, twice, three times a lady.  Spareribs

...Paul McCartney??...........sounds like one of his

=========

rest day

poolrun tomorrow

......................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

jlynne, that is a great guess, but sorry, not it.  Still in all, you are once, twice, three times a lady.  Spareribs

Too easy now.  Lionel Richie.

Bill

PS:  I really thought the earlier two guesses were right.  They both made a lot of sense. 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I thought it was Quincy Jones.

Glad your legs getting better, Slo.  Did you ever favor us with a pic of the injury?

Posie - Ah!  Fresh air!

Rest day for me, which is good since I'm sitting on the couch with a heating pad attached to my neck and a muscle relaxer making me feel fairly good.  Took off my sweatshirt yesterday and WHAM! - my  neck went haywire.  By the time I got up this a.m., I couldn't lift my head without holding it with my hands, and after two hours at work, it got worse.  This has happened before.  I should be much better by tomorrow . . . hopefully.

In the meantime, it's just me, a heating pad, munchies, and the remote control.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I thought it was Jack Klugman who played Quincy on TV.

5.76 miles for me around mid-morning. 

Congratulations to the fine racing this weekend.  Holly & Erika in Alaska.  Wild winning her age group at altitude. Starr on a street that looks like where I live in Michigan.  Ribs with a big age group won.  Tet and his young protegee in the tunnel.  And anyone else I missed. 

Jlynne - Any races in Green Bay October 13 or 14?  Looks like I am going to skip my planned half marathon in Traverse City that weekend to visit my daughter over there.  It's the only weekend that works for Cindy and me.  If there is a Packers home game, I wonder if there will be any hotel rooms available?  I better check the schedule.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Not that getting older makes me think about it or anything like that but I think I got a little taste of heaven running for six hours yesterday with a gem of a young man who calls me a good runner and the next six hours with a three-year grandson down from up North who calls me papo.

ps tramps - thanks for the crickets.

I thought they were cicadas when I was back there in the summer once.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)